BP sucks balls

Trouble Maker

So my mom got me a gift card to BP for Easter. I go to use it and it doesn't work. The guy at the counter makes it sound like there is something wrong with the system that he cannot enter it in manually. He tells me to call the # on the back and check the balance; if it is ok then it should work. Call and check, says it's $25. Go to use it again, the magnetic strip doesn't work. Of course it doesn't, it didn't work last time. But this time the same guy tells me that they aren't allowed to enter it in manually so I'm going to have to call the # and get a replacement. Well I just called the # and I have to send it to them to get a replacement, what a bunch of horse shit because they gave someone a faulty card I have to take all of this time and waste a stamp sending it back into them.

All’s I want to be able to do is buy some beer with this damn card since I will never use BP gas and my mom accidentally got me a card to the wrong place. redface.gif

Call and bitch at the credit card company that BP has their gift card program through; they made the shitty card.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

I've litereally been through 10's of thousands of gallons of BP. Never had a problem. Stop listening to what a friend of a friend said.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

Call and bitch at the credit card company that BP has their gift card program through; they made the shitty card.

All's that will do is make me want to kill someone on the other side of the world that is working their phone lines. It's BP's decision to not allow the 20 digit number to be used either in their store, or over the phone to replace the card, because they say it allows people to use stolen cards (or stolen numbers). That's just the easiest way for them to deal with it and the most incontinent way for the customers. They could very easily have you fill something out in the store and say they will send you a new one after some time period. Rather than making me send it in, and pay postage for it. That would be a little annoying that the card died in the first place, but nothing rant worthy.

Also, that logic makes no sense, I (or my Mom in this case), didn't buy anything directly from the company that supplies these cards to BP. We bought something from BP, it was faulty, and now it's a pain to deal with. That would be like if you had a car that was under warranty, and the rotors failed immediately. Then I tell you to go complain to Brembo and you have to send your rotors back to them to get new rotors. Not to mention the retard, who was a manager at that BP, that couldn't tell me the correct way to deal with the bad card, which caused me to try to use it again. That was definitely the most annoying part of the whole ordeal, then finding out that I have to mail it in because they sold me a card that didn't work.

This is just bad service no matter which way someone tries to paint the picture.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

I've litereally been through hundreds of gallons of BP. Never had a problem. Stop listening to what a friend of a friend said.

I was using BP on my first Z24 engine with the nitrous on it... i detonated and it blew itself to all hell. The the previous 100lbs of nitrous was fine with Sunoco gas... minute i used BP... Kaboom!

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

All's that will do is make me want to kill someone on the other side of the world that is working their phone lines. It's BP's decision to not allow the 20 digit number to be used either in their store, or over the phone to replace the card, because they say it allows people to use stolen cards (or stolen numbers). That's just the easiest way for them to deal with it and the most incontinent way for the customers. They could very easily have you fill something out in the store and say they will send you a new one after some time period. Rather than making me send it in, and pay postage for it. That would be a little annoying that the card died in the first place, but nothing rant worthy.

Also, that logic makes no sense, I (or my Mom in this case), didn't buy anything directly from the company that supplies these cards to BP. We bought something from BP, it was faulty, and now it's a pain to deal with. That would be like if you had a car that was under warranty, and the rotors failed immediately. Then I tell you to go complain to Brembo and you have to send your rotors back to them to get new rotors. Not to mention the retard, who was a manager at that BP, that couldn't tell me the correct way to deal with the bad card, which caused me to try to use it again. That was definitely the most annoying part of the whole ordeal, then finding out that I have to mail it in because they sold me a card that didn't work.

This is just bad service no matter which way someone tries to paint the picture.

I mainly suggested that because I work for a competitor to the company that handles BP's credit cards and gift cards. It was not BP's choice to not accept the number. It was their choice to go with that card provider, though. I totally agree with your bitching; I hate how call centers handle a lot of things.

Sometimes gift cards not working can be a good thing.......

My g/f got my roomate a $10 card to Chipotle this past Xmas. Seems that it is f'ed up and their card reader doesn't read it, and it's a big PITA for them to get it to work. Since they are always so busy, they just give him the burrito for free.

Let's just say that $10 would have been burned up a long time ago.....it has become the free Chipotle card.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Let's just say that $10 would have been burned up a long time ago.....it has become the free Chipotle card.

That's pretty funny. I don't think they would ever give me anything at BP free, especially beer. You can believe there would be trouble if they gave me a free 12 pack for my trouble at any BP for that card not working. I'd hit up ever BP within a half mile from every major interstate in town and throw a party on their behalf. graemlins/thumb.gif

[ 28. April 2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Trouble Maker ]

Guest FastSaleen
Originally posted by Tenzig:

they brought jobs to Lima after Standard Oil took a shit. graemlins/thumb.gif

But yeah their gas sucks.

I agree, BP sucks!!! I do have to correct one thing here though 'cause I worked for Standard Oil when it changed over to BP. It was a forced buyout - Standard Oil didn't take a shit. BP bought out all the Standard Oil stock from share holders (of which I was one) for double what it was originally bought for. We had no choice - we were forced to sell it to them. Just an FYI.