new kouki 240

byhi

hey guys hows it goin, i just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to columbus but new to here. I hear alot of good thigns about this forum and it'll be as cool as everyone says it is. Anyways i just picked, finally, a white nissan kouki 240sx, 5spd. It's a 97 and im in love hardcore. I've had it for about a month now and i have tein he's in the mail and a kaaz 1.5 way lsd so im pretty excited. The rest is stock, how i bought it, o and i have the silvia logos. I'm never really in columbus a whole lot during the year, but weekends and summers im around and was wondering if there is any kind of drift scene, cuz me and my friends up in kent/canton just go to indusrial stuff or really big parking lots, seriously never around where people or stuff is, so yea just post here or email me or sumthin about anything. Thanx

Originally posted by byhi:

Hey guys, how is it going? I would like to introduce myself. I'm not new to Columbus but new to this message board. **Editor: Duh, this is your first post and it's in the newb forum** I hear alot of good things about this forum and hope it will be as cool as everyone says it is.

Anyway, I finally purchased a white Nissan 1997 240SX with a 5spd. **Editor: no reason to say Kouki when all 97's are considered that....way to be JDM, yo!** I'm in love with this car. I've had it for about a month now. "I have tein he's in the mail" **Editor: wow, I'm not even going to try on that one** and a Kaaz 1.5 way LSD so I am pretty excited. The rest is stock, which is how I bought it, and I have the Silvia logos, even though the car is a 240SX and not a Silvia.

I'm normally only around Columbus during the weekends in the summer. I was wondering if there is any kind of drift scene in Columbus. Me and my friends up in the Kent/Canton area just go to industrial areas or really big parking lots. We are never around where people or property is located. Post here or e-mail me if you could actually understand what I just posted. Thanks.

There, I took the liberty to edit that post so others could actually read it.

Guest doggunracing
What's up, post some pics when you get some. Ditch the Silvia badges, rice is lame, turbos are hot. Did you get the LSD in a pumpkin or are you getting in installed somewhere? No, there's no drift scene here, but there's some kind of drift day in Dayton; look in the Meetings section.

Originally posted by byhi:

I'm never really in columbus a whole lot during the year, but weekends and summers im around and was wondering if there is any kind of drift scene, cuz me and my friends up in kent/canton just go to indusrial stuff or really big parking lots, seriously never around where people or stuff is, so yea just post here or email me or sumthin about anything. Thanx

Welcome!

AUTOX AND drift event schedule is now up on www.outbrakemotorsports.com. Hosting events in Dayton at Kil-Kare Speedway this season. First event is APR 3. More info at www.outbrakemotorsports.com or email drift240@aol.com

hey thanks for all the info and ill get some pics up asap, but unfourtunetly two nights ago my car got broken into so now i have no window and my dash is ripped up. So im scrambling to find some glass quick because it always rains and snows in kent, obviously just like columbus.

And my kaaz is just the limited slip, no pumpkin, but i know a guy who can do it so its not a problem.

And about the silvia badges, they came with the car and after the glass shattering im gunna take them off, just to look cleaner cuz now the silvia part is comming off a little, i guess the jerk who brokeinto my cra snagged it on hos shirt or somthing.

O and thanks for all the drift info, ill defenetly look into that track thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timmybgood

89-94 240sx = s13 (chassis)

95/96 = s14 "zenki"

97/98 = s14 "kouki"

99-02(or so?) = s15 (japan only)

if you look at doggunracing's sig pic and mine, you'll notice the difference in headlights/bumper/hood

Guest doggunracing

As I recall, zenki is Japanese for early and kouki is late. Chuki is used for the 91-94 S13s and means middle, I believe.

Maybe we can see what the Nissan 4 bangers can do this year.

• 2 weeks later...