FNG here

BOOSIE

My name is Erik, drive a 95 tbird sc, and a 01 firehawk. Both are stock right now, plan on doing some things this summer. You guys got some nice rides on here. See ya around

I will try to get some pics up. It's going in the body shop next week, some dumb ass rear ended me. Not too much damage so I should get it back in a week or so. Does anyone here drive a dark blue ws6 with an exhaust and ls1 stickers that works downtown?

Guest Scoobysnack

Never been that good at seperating this, but I think....

Firebird is a v6

Fire Hawk and Trans am are both v8's I believe, but I don't know besides that. Firebird Formula's are also V8's. I would assume some sort of packing differences come into play.

Welcome to the board.

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

I have just a Firebird. Nothing more smile.gif

That would explain the 11 minute time slips. tongue.gif

Firehawks start out as a trans am or formula from the factory, then shipped to slp were they receive an appearence package(diffrent hood, spoiler,17 in wheels)and depending on what you ordered an slp exhaust, bilstein suspension, auburn rear. Racinbird has the diffrences right. Except mine(01) was rated at 335hp and the 02 camaro ss' and firehawk were rated at 345 stock! Basicaly all ls1's are the same though once you start doing mods.

Ack, some mis-information.

Firehawks are different, depending on the years.

- 91/92, the 3rd Gen hawks. It is something like 26 or 28 were made. There were a few very special models from those as well (a couple w/ full road-race cages, one came w/ a fuel cell stock, etc.). Very rare and EXPENSIVE cars now, and quite collectable.

- 93-97. WS6-ish looking hood (though not the same), slightly different airbox than the WS6. 17" rims, and other SLP options. All were Formulas except for the 12 T/A Hawks made in 94. There was also the LT4 Hawk in 97, which commands top dollar. A few of the years could be optioned w/ the uplevel spoiler as well, even though they are Formulas. SLP also did the WS6's for the LT1's.

- 99-02. There was no 98 Hawk (only prototypes w/ the exposed headlights they never released). Different Ram-Air hoods w/ heat extractors. More options avaiable than you could get on a WS6 (which SLP no longer built). Different 17" wheels. Could be had in both Formula and T/A versions, though T/A's were the most popular. 4 spoiler options; standard low and upper level spoilers, the fairly rare early optional spoiler than looked sort of like the low level spoler but a bit taller w/ winglets on it (I like it). They also had another, more common, spoiler w/ a long LED 3rd brake light on the back. A special 10th Anv. edition was also avaiable.

As far as normal RPO late F-body's go, Firehawks hold their value better than any others (30th Anv. WS6 is pretty close tough). And w/ the right dealer (though easier said than done), could be had for only a little more than a WS6, making them an excellent buy.

This is all off the top of my head. HP ratings varied, and depends if the car were optioned w/ the optional exhausts and lids (for the LS1 cars). The 91-92 Hawks varied a lot more, and are a species all their own, though it's very rare to see one for sale, as there are so few of them.

As for the different kinds of Firebirds:

Firebird/Firebird GT = V6

Formula = V8

Trans-Am = V8 (except for the 89 TTA)

There is no such thing as JUST a WS6 or Firehawk, they are packages on a Formula or Trans-Am. And there is NO SUCH THING AS A V6 FORMULA though you will see retarded V6 owners try to badge their cars as such.