Anyone know any places hiring?

verse

It's been hard for me to find a job. I have two years training at SWCA for Automotive Technologies. I've had interviews at various dealerships, but no call backs. Maybe one of you guys know a place that is hiring?

Just curious, are you just waiting for a call back, or have you actively tried to get a hold of the person you interviewed with to find out what's going on? A lot of times, service directors will wait to see who makes a follow up call before they determine who to hire. By making that follow up call after the interview, it shows the your interviewer that you have initiative and you want to come and work for them. If you haven't called anyone back, give it a try. Say something like "Hi, my name is _____, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to grant me an interview on ____(date), and to follow up on whether you've made a final decision on who you were going to hire to fill the position." That simple phone call speaks volumes to the people who matter (those that sign the checks) and can go a long way to getting a good/better job. Hope that helps...

BTW, you're looking for a job in an auto service shop right? Where are you looking or have you looked?

Yeah, I've called back. I've went to a few places in Hatfield, VW, Toy. Then Saturn West. Those were the only places that were hiring. I'm still looking. I put in an application yesterday at Ohio Auto Auction.

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

Just curious, are you just waiting for a call back, or have you actively tried to get a hold of the person you interviewed with to find out what's going on? A lot of times, service directors will wait to see who makes a follow up call before they determine who to hire. By making that follow up call after the interview, it shows the your interviewer that you have initiative and you want to come and work for them. If you haven't called anyone back, give it a try. Say something like "Hi, my name is _____, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to grant me an interview on ____(date), and to follow up on whether you've made a final decision on who you were going to hire to fill the position." That simple phone call speaks volumes to the people who matter (those that sign the checks) and can go a long way to getting a good/better job. Hope that helps...

BTW, you're looking for a job in an auto service shop right? Where are you looking or have you looked?

+1

Actively call them back and get a status update. That's how they know who shows initiative and wants the job.

IMO, the hardest part about getting a job is getting an interview. If you get an interview, they are obviously interested in you. All you have to do is keep that interest or increase it during the interview. That's easier IMO than getting someone interested in you to begin with, especially when all you can really do is wow them with a piece of paper.

They are hiring where I work (WOW Internet and Cable), but if you don't have a background in cable, phone, some sort of home wiring, or networking skills, they won't hire you.

Actively call them back and get a status update. That's how they know who shows initiative and wants the job. [/QB]

Good advice, but don't pester. I had a guy that called me every day for two weeks, and I finally told him that he was pissing me off, and I would forward his application to our corporate office. (Applications forwarded to corporate generally end up inactive after 30 days, unless you're a superstar... which this guy wasn't.)

Guest tbirdchick

Coughlin Auto in Circleville is hiring, they had 3 sales reps from the ford side and 2 sales reps from the gm side quit/terminated so they may be looking to hire some experienced ppl. also hiring a assistant manager for gm to take care of dealer trades. if your interested call 740-474-3138.

UPDATE: i get 250 BUCKS if i get someone hired on at the dealership! my ext: is 243 ask for Tiffany ;)

[ 31. July 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: 4cefed ]

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

IMO, the hardest part about getting a job is getting an interview. If you get an interview, they are obviously interested in you. All you have to do is keep that interest or increase it during the interview. That's easier IMO than getting someone interested in you to begin with, especially when all you can really do is wow them with a piece of paper.

They are hiring where I work (WOW Internet and Cable), but if you don't have a background in cable, phone, some sort of home wiring, or networking skills, they won't hire you.

+1 to that..I managed to get hired.hehehehehe