To Gear Smuck's review on the Lightning

Boost-n-Juice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he would have praised the truck everyone would be like "see this man is awesome did you see the top gear review of my truck?"

He's just lightening up the video. Don't say no one ever makes fun of the Brits or the French?

if it ain't true then why are the big three hurting for cash? employee discounts and what not.

I totally disagree with his review. That truck is total overkill in England and to give it bad reviews by opening up the cig lighter door and crack open the ash tray door open a 1/4 inch just to make it seem like it was put together cheap. The play in the steering wheel was probably due to a shotty install of the right hand drive and everyone knows you can't drive a 2wd SPORT TRUCK DOWN A FREAKIN CREEK!!! That's not what that truck was built by SVT to do. I bet he doesn't even know what SVT stands for and if your buying a sport truck with a supercharged V8 in England your sure as hell aren't expecting it to get 40mpg!! That guy is a douche bag!

ok I'll step off my soap box now......

I do love how we are a bunch of retarded frontiersman loading our trucks with wood and shooting bears. Meanwhile, they are sipping tea and eating some crackers. Funny, we are still the greatest economical phenomenon...Man, we are stupid uncivilized people.

You have to know where he is coming from. I agree with the review and found it informative, but he doesn't only rip into american cars. If you've seen the new BMW M5 video, he dogs on it the ENTIRE time, that is, until he presses the "M" button. A lot of people won't agree with his analysis, but if you had the same job, you would do the exact same thing. And driving cars for a living it's easy to seperate the good from the bad.

Sounds to me like the guy just plain hates anything American.

"If this were America it'd be full of people doing whatever it is they do..which is..incest..mostly."

WTF?

Also, who in America loads their truck up with chainsaws and goes to the forrest instead of going to the store?

That guy is a tool.

I enjoy Top Gear a lot. Mostly for the awesome cars and humor (like found in this particular segment). Those guys have driven every kick ass and high end car out there, so it's no suprise he gave the Lightning a bad review. They give about every American car a bad review, except for the CTS-V and Ford GT (that I've seen). Have you ever seen them review a TVR? They usually just compain about the car for 10 minutes. So they're not just biased against American cars. They say what they think and don't care, and I like that. I take all their anti-American humor as sarcasm and just enjoy the show.

well except for the cheap dash (mine still looks perfect) the rest of his review was pretty much right. Driving most roads its no problem, but if I go downtown or into campus, the F-er is so big it can be hard to get around. Also the steering is rather sloppy, I've noticed it in every F150 I've driven.

Off-road in a 2WD is stupid, hes saying a truck is supposed to be able to go offroad, but without the 4WD even as an option you cant. Hes british, he dosent understand americans DO only want to go fast in a straight line and be done with it.

I still like my truck, and I'd love to get a lightning if I could afford it.

-Jono

Sounds to me like the guy just plain hates anything American.

"If this were America it'd be full of people doing whatever it is they do..which is..incest..mostly."

WTF?

Also, who in America loads their truck up with chainsaws and goes to the forrest instead of going to the store?

That guy is a tool.

Good job at getting all butthurt over jokes.

Those guys talk shit about 90% of the cars they have reviewed, it's rare they find something they like. Which I find nice, since they aren't trying to say everything is a great vehicle like car&driver that's supported by the auto manufacturers. The guys on Top Gear are free to say what they want about whatever vehicle they want.

And for the record, the host of the show actually owned a Ford GT for a short time. It was his dream car, he was finally able to own one.....and it was nothing but problems. He ended up giving it back to Ford.

What a dumb ass.....I like how he compares the "L" to what every pickup truck must be in the US. In fact the L is a superbly built truck w/ great handling, braking and power. I never have like that asshole...

That asshole needs to be reminded that if it wasn't for the US he wouldn't be enjoying his god damn scented logs and gay fire starters (so his woman hands won't get smelly) w/ his fag tea sipping friends. Instead he'd be speaking German and have a picture of Hitler above his mantle going thru check points and being someones bitch (France) and not have the freedom they enjoy today.

God bless the USA and our Trucks!

That asshole needs to be reminded that if it wasn't for the US he wouldn't be enjoying his god damn scented logs and gay fire starters (so his woman hands won't get smelly) w/ his fag tea sipping friends. Instead he'd be speaking German and have a picture of Hitler above his mantle going thru check points and being someones bitch (France) and not have the freedom they enjoy today.

God bless the USA and our Trucks!

not to get in an argument on here but that is fucking ignorant. It was better for the US to stop them at England because they were allies and they couldn't beat them alone. And it kept the Germans off American soil.

and i know what your response will be, "BUT WE HAVE NUKES!" do us all a favor and go shoot some squirrels with your BB gun.

since they aren't trying to say everything is a great vehicle like car&driver that's supported by the auto manufacturers.

not saying this is false or true but i would like to see some proof of this, that is a pretty huge allegation.

i don't know what's funnier, the review or everyone getting worked up over it... :lol:

Definitely the latter.

You ignorant suckers getting offended at his generalizations (Which are a obviously hyperbolic for the sake of humor) are the same kids who make blanket statements about the French, Muslims, and anyone else your redneck cohorts choose to stereotype.

Get over yourseves.

Definitely the latter.

You ignorant suckers getting offended at his generalizations (Which are a obviously hyperbolic for the sake of humor) are the same kids who make blanket statements about the French, Muslims, and anyone else your redneck cohorts choose to stereotype.

Get over yourseves.

always so eloquent, seriously.

A lot of people won't agree with his analysis, but if you had the same job, you would do the exact same thing. And driving cars for a living it's easy to seperate the good from the bad.

+1

People have been making that allegation ever since C/D moved its offices from NYC to Ann Arbor. People thought they moved there to be closer to Detroit cause the big 3 were bribing them

How about they moved there because they're in the center of everything, they can basically sit on their lawn and get spy photos, and they're closer to where all the development takes place so it's easier for them to get to ride-and-drives or on to manufacturer facilities. C&D still sucks Honda's balls more then anyone IMO.

+1

How about they moved there because they're in the center of everything, they can basically sit on their lawn and get spy photos, and they're closer to where all the development takes place so it's easier for them to get to ride-and-drives or on to manufacturer facilities. C&D still sucks Honda's balls more then anyone IMO.

I see what you mean, and agree to an extent. But a couple issues ago, their 50th anniversary one, had stories written by current and past editors about their time at C/D. Most said they didn't like moving from NYC, the center of the media universe they called it, to some town in the middle of nowhere. A few even said they thought it was for kissing Detroit's ass more easily.