Mansfield Bike Rally

ousley99

shit I didn't know...I frequent snowtrails for skiing every winter but had no idea about downtown Mansfield....yes the cheapest I got is that knight inn for 80 bucks....:broke:I could not get any other less than 140.0. I will see....:rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll survive, I just know the area - I've never stayed near there, maybe we're making it out to be worse than it really is. I don't think any of us fault you for wanting a cheap place, but there's a reason the KI is $80/night.

No it's not that bad around there. It's going to be a long walk from there, but I don't think you'll have too much to worry about otherwise. If you were walking north, that might be a different story. I dunno about parking your bike there though, but then again, I'm paranoid anytime my bike isn't secured in a garage. Only areas I would worry about around here are (from downtown Mansfield) north, northeast, east, and west to Bowman road area. I live just barely south of downtown and it's a lot better than it was when I first moved here.

Mansfield tends to have a bit of a stigma from those who don't actually live in Mansfield that it's some God forsaken place. I was paranoid too at one time, but really it's a sissified version of anything you'll see in Cleveland. Like I said, all your "bad" areas are more centered around the downtown area. I have several friends that work for MPD and been on some ride-alongs, let alone I work in Corrections. I would like to think that I know what I am talking about. :D

I dare to sit in alone (being an Indian) at the weed smoke filled (before the law) Little Kings Lounge (supposed to be a bike friendly bar ???!!!!!!) in Payne avenue, Cleveland and ride to the 24 hour White Castle at the Superior Avenue in East Cleveland at 3 AM in the morning.....so I should be fine......The Clevelanders will understand what I am talking about.....can't be more dangerous than doin 150 mph sorry 65..... ;) on a public highway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that Knights Inn is now Motel6. Every room were filled up with bikers and, nice people not squids, were from Michigan, Wisconsin, WV, Penn as well, party right there. The rooms were OK and clean, wasn't asking for anything more in that price. Did the rally :repent:...man probably just five sportsbike....a group of five came in saw the shit and left. We were riding under speed limit....park avenue was full of people...nothing insane lots of families and lots of popos...drank a few beer....Saturday the breakfast club took the stage..listened to some Bon Jovi and Poison and left safe and sound.

Glad it was a good experience for you Kosmo. I was down at Park Ave on Saturday night around midnight to 12:45 maybe (near Taco Bell) - I just rolled in after the Pittsburgh ride with Fonz. It wasn't like years' past, but the crowd was still pretty strong.