Bush signs new rules on government wiretapping

Disclaimer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080710/ap_on_go_pr_wh/terrorist_surveillance

:rant: You think anyone can sneak a paper shredder into the National Archive so we can just blow the Constitution right through it? At least we'll speed this whole charade up. F'ing ridiculous.

The people in Congress are pussies for even letting this bill go through because they're so worried about being called pussies, and Bush - what a total tool that guy is. Scariest quote in the article,

"Bush, an unpopular lame-duck president who nevertheless has been able to prevail over Congress on most issues of national security and intelligence disputes."

BUSH still prevails on intelligence issues... gimme a break. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I can't believe we have these types of people in office, no spine, no backbone, no context. I'm surprised half these people can even muster the intelligence it takes to roll out of bed and put on pants.

A wise man once said, "Give me liberty or give me death" -- being spied on by our own government for "our own good" with no repercussions is pretty much the polar opposite of liberty. :rant:

"In the aftermath of 9/11," Bush said, "few would have imagined that we would be standing here seven years later without another attack on American soil. The fact that the terrorists have failed to strike our shores again does not mean that our enemies have given up."

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm!

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm!

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

I don't remember that episode, but thanks for the new term. I figured there was a name for that, but I've never used it. I even dictionary.com'd it to make sure I have the proper usage should it ever arise. Learn something every day. :cheers: