I think the V8 has issues

MrMeanGreen

Well, to put it mildly, anything over 20% throttle from a roll (even accelerating to change lanes) causes the RPMs to shoot up and the car to not go anywhere.

However, this is ONLY from a roll. Going from a dead stop, the car launches and shifts great, even at 75% throttle.

I'm gonna look at a few things starting with the new program I'd uploaded to the PCM for the 60# injectors. I'm also gonna pull the pan and check the tranny fluid. I'm wondering if it's not in the PCM settings, if it's the tranny or the stall converter. I have to see either way.

Tranny: Pull and send off to Berberich for a rebuild. It's been two years since the last one, so I'll need one anyways this winter.

Converter: Time to send it in anyways, I get a free restall :D 4500 maybe?

I'll see how everything looks tonight when I get the car up in the air and apart :o

Just remember with you stall speed Ant. This is a street/show car....4500 gets your tranny hot trying to street drive and shortens the life of it greatly.

He doesn't know, but I do, and he ain't doing shit without my approval first. :p

4500 stall=WASTED TORQUE on a car with as much bottom end as the Firebird.

Actually, if it were a 100% race car, I would go with a 4500. The car makes a LOT more power up top than it does down low - especially with the parasitic drag of the supercharger. It only needs enough torque to get it off the line quickly.

But since it isn't, we'll be going a different direction. :)