Is this a good deal on tools?

Bam

Well I don't really have many tools, just your basic pliers, screwdrivers, and a cheap shitty like 10 pc socket set that the rachet is fucked up. So lately I've been borrowing my dads and grandpa's and even people on this forum to use, while they have no problem with it, I hate running around and i know i need my own tools. Now I've heard craftsmen tools since forever and then some, plus a lifetime warranty is nice.

I need tools to do stuff around the house, work on my cars/help friends, etc etc.

Will this do me good? I like that it has both normal and deep sockets, and for $100 it seems cheap, I hear people spending hundreds if not thousands on tools.

I do plan on getting an air compressor/impact sockets later on, but is this a good deal on this kit and would you recommend anything else? I know I need to get a breaker bar since I had to borrow Anthony's last weekend.

Here's the link, good deal?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00935155000&cat=Tool+Sets

Matt

Sweet, just what I needed to hear. I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow. Also, where'd you get your breaker bar and do they make breaker bars that are like ratchets? It would've really helped in the cramped spaces on the supra.

Oh and what about swivel attachments? I searched sears.com for them and didn't come up with any.

BTW call me back fool, i left you a message last nite.

Yeah, I dunno if I'll need to go that far but I'm sure i'll always think of something I need next. My buddy is taking autotech and has like 5-6k of tools already, its crazy.

BTW, does anyone have a "craftsman club#" for a discount?

Also, do they make breaker bars as rachets?

Thanks

While I have a braker bar, I usually just find it wasier to put a metal pipe on the end of a rachet to increase my leverage. Viola, instant racheting breaker bar.

That looks like a nice set. But if you want some tools and you're on a budget, try lowe's. They have Kobalt (nice) and Taskforce (not too bad) brand tools. They're usually cheaper than craftsman, and both brands carry a lifetime warranty. I've got some nice tools through them.

Craftsman, bought from eBay... it's saved me a TON of money. Thing to do is sit down with a Sears tool catalog, look at the mid range sets and then get those tools as you can. Start with the 3/8 and 1/4 drive stuff, then get the 1/2 drive stuff.

Tool boxes can set you back as well. I have to agree that getting a blow mold case to start off with is the thing to do. Then as you start buying wrenches, if you are working out of a garage, get some peg board and hooks and hang stuff up. It's easier to get to, it's easier to identify and it's a clean.

Again, as long as you are in a garage, save up your bucks and buy a LOWER chest first. That way it will have rollers and can be moved. a top chest full of tools is nothing that you want to move around. Once you have it filled buy a top chest and continue to fill it.

While I have a braker bar, I usually just find it wasier to put a metal pipe on the end of a rachet to increase my leverage. Viola, instant racheting breaker bar.

That looks like a nice set. But if you want some tools and you're on a budget, try lowe's. They have Kobalt (nice) and Taskforce (not too bad) brand tools. They're usually cheaper than craftsman, and both brands carry a lifetime warranty. I've got some nice tools through them.

Hmm, I saw the Taskforce 185 piece kit on at lowes for $66! You say it has a lifetime warranty as well? Well shit, I may just go buy that one instead. Thanks for the tip.