This is ridiculous

The Pikey

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5889592.html

Has anyone been affected by this yet?:mad: It's something called "peering" There are a few sites that I can't get on now; at least not with IE, but my crappy AOL browser can. Fucking politics.

I hope I can get WOW in my condo:confused: Down with Road Runner:bs:

Scott

peace

when two ISPs meet in the internet they peer. basically they tell eachother a summary of all IP addresses they handle. If the peering is broken, and there is only one peering point, essentially the networks cannot talk to one-another unless a third ISP has connections to both. This will create very slow connections, if any at all and essentially goes against everything the internet is about.

Update (3:40pm edt): Level 3 has restored some of their peering sessions with Cogent at this time. We do not know if this is a temporary or a permanent change, and will continue to negotiate with Level 3 to resolve all the issues they have with Cogent.

interesting. Kinda like the HD bullshit Sinclair and Time Warner are fighting over.

Not comparable at all. WOW is in the same boat. Sinclair charges WWWAAAYYY more than anyone else for network HD channels. This is why Warner and WOW don't carry ABC and FOX for HD programming; the price is just too high to justify, and customers aren't going to want to pay the difference, especially since CBS and NBC are much more popular networks overall.

The govermnment will step in on this if it continues. Short of that, their customers will jump ship and go elsewhere for for connectivity.

I don't know if anyone was effected by the ISP bring up a router replying to the 12.x.x.x subnet here a few weeks ago, basically kicking all AT&T customers off the rest of the web. From what I understand, AT&T is suing them for millions as are other companies that experienced a finianical loss because of the ISP's actions.