any body willing to hire a 16 year old?

TheBussman1647545507

I just got hired at the Advance auto Parts at 161 and Carl, I know its not where you want but... I'm only 17 and got a starting pay of $8.50 an hour. I'm sure they prolly hire you, they need help really bad. That is assuming you have really good parts knowledge.

Yea i've been working with parts for......... a relly long time (my dad is a mechanic)

but anyway i got a job... it seems

thanks to [Old Diesel]'s idea i went ot the used car lot down the raod from me, and I had an interview today, they said i have to wash/ detail cars, pick up trash mop the floors and drive cars back from autions.

so far i like it, alot it's good hours and if my car breaks down i can just walk to work!

That's awesome man, you're going to like that job a lot. one of my friends in highschool used to work a job like that, he loved it. he got to drive all kinds of cars from the auctions. it sure as hell beats working at a restaurant. i used to work at on the border in easton and i hated it.

Congrats on the lot job! Do your best on all the sold cars you detail for delivery. If you your salespeople are cool, they should slide you an extra few bucks for a job well done.

When the car looks good, the salespeople look good, and the customer is more likely to refer friends to them.

Work hard, and do what is asked of you. When you are older, the opportunity will present itself to sell.

Good luck!

Jason

Congrats on the job! I'm glad I could offer an idea that seems to fit you and your schedule! Remember, the key to cleaning a car is to not only clean the stuff that people are definately going to see, but to also clean all the stuff that only you are likely to find. Good luck, and hope it works out for ya!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
shame you don't live closer to Great Southern ... my first job was a busser in the club house of Scioto Downs ... 6.50 an hr plus tips ... worked at least 8 hours every night and took home anywhere from 40 to 70 a night in tips. I'll be honest, you'll bust your ass because you basically serve the customers, all the servers do is get alcohol and take the order ... you run the food, get and refill the drinks, clear the tables and then take out the trash and lenin from your section ... only problem with it was it's seasonal ... after 2 years I got fired for some stupid shit (my fault) and then rehired the next year because of new management working in the kitchen for 10 an hr ... got in a fight in the kitchen, knocked a kid on his ass, and got moved to an easier job for the same amount of money ... was cool as hell ... anyways, keep an eye out for things like Scioto, you can usually make decent money at places like that

When I was 16 I made money by investing in a freinds acid dealing buisness venture.....you should probably get a job.

Warehouse and light production > *

$10/hr and simple/easy work. You can do 2nd shift and get 40hrs a week. $400 gross is alot of money at 16, if I remeber correctly. The service industry blows. :nono:

Congrats on the lot job! Do your best on all the sold cars you detail for delivery. If you your salespeople are cool, they should slide you an extra few bucks for a job well done.

When the car looks good, the salespeople look good, and the customer is more likely to refer friends to them.

Work hard, and do what is asked of you. When you are older, the opportunity will present itself to sell.

Good luck!

Jason

That's what I did. Worked in a detail shop for about 2 and a half years. Started selling cars last December. In one year I've sold over 100 cars and made a good bit of money and I didn't really sell that many cars until June.