Any way to gently handle this neighbor problem?

Nitrousbird

Be happy you don't live in Powell! Most of my neighbors hate us! Too many cars taking all the parking spots in our cul de sac, several units are too loud ie Marcs Cark etc. We worked it out though - we JUST DON'T TALK TO ONE ANOTHER, WAVE OR ANYTHING. Seriously we have tried to be good neighbors, but just could never get to common ground ----- we've had issues with dogs, actually you name it, I've probably dealt with it in one form or another. Best you can do = continue attempting to be a good neighbor, but remember you live there too. If someone can't take ya as a neighbor, no worries, they'll move -

It's funny because it's true.

Luckily, now we have cool neighbors to both sides...it's just the ones across the street and a little further down... :cool:

-Marc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are probably the stupid azz parents that are SO quite in their own house and never make any noise around their kid. Doctors and other professional people say to just do your thing and go on with your life, they (babies) will get use to the noise.

When I was tuning a 99 Camaro SS with a 383 and big 240+ cam last week, I took my 4 year old son for a ride and he fell asleep while I was cruising around! The car had true duals that dumped under the car.

Who ever says that you can't make any noise around babies and kids are full of it, life is full of noises, live with it....

They are probably the stupid azz parents that are SO quite in their own house and never make any noise around their kid. Doctors and other professional people say to just do your thing and go on with your life, they (babies) will get use to the noise.

When I was tuning a 99 Camaro SS with a 383 and big 240+ cam last week, I took my 4 year old son for a ride and he fell asleep while I was cruising around! The car had true duals that dumped under the car.

Who ever says that you can't make any noise around babies and kids are full of it, life is full of noises, live with it....

this man speaks the truth. I know if i was tired i'd fall asleep anywhere.

just wait till this guy's kid goes to college, that'll be a rude awakening. (pun intended)

Best you can do = continue attempting to be a good neighbor, but remember you live there too. If someone can't take ya as a neighbor, no worries, they'll move -

That's true. Besides, they rent that house anyway, but have been for years. I own my house (well, the bank really does), so I guess that means I outrank them. ;)

I'm just parking on the street in front of my house. That's adding a good amount of distance from their house. If that doesn't work, then they need to feed the kid some booze before bed. :D

Go over and tell you truely understand the situation and you are willing towork with them to solve it. You have to drive the mustang to work and there is something that could be done to quiet it down. You have spent the money on other things and that if they are willing to buy the catted h pipe you will put it on. Other than that you can think of nothing else to do. Their response will let you know if they are truely wanting to resolve the issue or if they are whiners.

calling them whiners is a bit premature

i'd complain too, if i was woken up daily at 7

And if I were him and it were you being woken up at 7am by a very slightly louder than stock 5.0 mustang I'd call you a whiner too. You could call me immature all you want but you'd be the one getting woken up at 7am because you sleep too light. It's the fact that it's his child he is concerned about that really matters.

Exactly right Bill. Joe starts the car and pulls off. Total time for the loudness in front of the house is 30 seconds tops. Yeah it wakes you up, but you fall back to sleep. Thats life. The neighbor is using the kid as a cop out. I wish I could complain about the goddam lawncrew running around with leafblowers at 8am at our apartment. Joe makes an effort by parking farther away, thats more than enough.

eh, depends

making a 'good faith effort' isn't always enough

There's several statutes in ohio that you would technically be violating with your muffler.

Technically, the modification in any way of a stock muffler to make the car louder is a minor misdemeanor which is punishable by a fine

(however, i doubt they'd be mean enough to file an action against you)

but if push came to shove...you'd have to oblige them

and no, trouble maker...i wasn't calling you immature

however, i would have the right to not be woken up by a slightly modified car at 7 am....

calling them whiners is a bit premature

i'd complain too, if i was woken up daily at 7

Saying I called them whiners is a bit premature on your part haus.

I said see what the true motive was. See if they want to resolve the issue or whine about. Learning to read is teh roxors.

"Saying I called them whiners"

where do i say that?

telling a lawyer that he can't read is quite entertaining

Haven't been on this site much, but it gives me a headache to read...seems like the smallest comment is attacked such that the original post is quickly obscured

Does noone here have anything better to do than pick on the other members?

I was merely agreeing with you as the general trend had been that the members here thought of them as whiners, and thought that your post was prudent.

hence...me agreeing with your sentiments as to what their motives were

maybe i should have said "i think..." so that you wouldn't have read an implied knock on you

in the future, i'll try to be more clear

Neighbors suck. That's why I live out in the sticks on 6 acres.

+1, I live on 10 acres near Galena and New Albany.

I have kids and several good neighbors. You dont what to piss off the good neighbor. I would put the stock H-pipe back on. You can find these pretty cheap..