z06 at Germain Chevy...

black00ws6

It's just like every other specialty car that comes out. The rich idiots that want to be first on the block are the only people paying those prices. Otherwise, shop around and you can find one for MSRP or below NOW.

IMO....I would just wait until Mar/Apr anyway and get one fresh out of the factory. No need to pay all that money NOW for it to just sit in your garage all winter long.

bob mcdormain had 2 when i was down there a few weeks ago.. they were comin right off the trailer. they were both already sold. one yellow and one red. i have pics.. on ym camera phone. ill try and get them off my phone.

sticker was $72k with a 6k mark up..

they were number 2 and 4 off the line supposedly

I remember someone paid 2k over sticker for a Toyota Paseo when they first came out.I'd wait and not worry about being one of the first to have one in my garage.I wonder if I can get employee price one since I work for Germain?

Since I work at a Chevy store, I also found out rather than taking delivery at a dealership, you can take delivery right at the Corvette Museum! If I had the dough - thats exactly where I'd pick-up mine -

A friend of mine picked up his '00 from there. I believe it was in Kentucky or or TenAkey. I have pics somewhere....hold.

:woowoo: Aslong as you don't buy another Ford.

Hell no.. 1 ford in my lifetime was enough for me. Heather wants to get rid of her TA for a cobra now, but I'm trying to talk her into a C5 or a leftover C6 :D

The museum delivery is around a $450 option..

Not sure if you can do this on a Z06 or not, but try to find a smaller out of the way dealer with one. I got my Evo the first month they were out and I found a dealer in Chillicothe that sold it for $250 over invoice. The same time the lowest mark up dealer in Columbus was Roby at $5K.

Since I work at a Chevy store, I also found out rather than taking delivery at a dealership, you can take delivery right at the Corvette Museum! If I had the dough - thats exactly where I'd pick-up mine -

you found that out by watching The Corvette Test Drive on Saturday, not at work :p

Hell no.. 1 ford in my lifetime was enough for me. Heather wants to get rid of her TA for a cobra now, but I'm trying to talk her into a C5 or a leftover C6 :D

The museum delivery is around a $450 option..

Vette most deffinately, I can't believe the cobra even came to mind :eek: A C5 vert would most deffinately be bad ass.

Off topic, but I heard Germains house in Bexly was broken into this past weekend, while he and his wife were asleep in bed.......details if u care.

Last I knew Germains lived in UA (ex gf went to h/s with the kids)