Getting cavaties filled

Browning

Didn't you inquire at the dentist's office? That's where I'd start.

I remember back in college when I didn't have cash or insurance, and I opted to have teeth pulled rather than filled. Completely ghetto, I know, but a lot cheaper. In my case, the teeth needed root canals, not just fillings. It was like $80 to get a tooth pulled; to a poor college kid, that was way more appealing than spending like $800 on a root canal. The teeth in question were way in back, wouldn't do anything cosmetically being gone, and wouldn't mean much functionally to not be there - thus, an easy decision for me. Those fuckers got pulled with the quickness. :)

As for fillings, I'd guess from $100 to $300 for each - that is a complete, uneducated guess, mind you. Also, remember, you'll have to pay for anesthetic as well, which, if I recall, isn't cheap.

i think my dentist its like 140/each. if youre looking for someone, jeff santilli in gahanna is pretty good. then again, ive only been to my childhood dentist (17 years) and this guy. but when i went to the "real" dentist for the first time, it was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be

I'm getting a very small cavity filled on Monday (my first ever, I'm pissed), plus a couple bottom teeth filed down slightly, as a couple were very slightly chipped on the top. I beleive the total bill is only around $100; mind you, I've already had my cleaning/inspection done. Oddly, my insurance covered all of my previous visit w/ no copay, but barely covers any of my visit on Monday.