hinds motorsports

bigbluebird

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh i went into hinds ready to throw down $10,000 cash on a new 2008 Triple Speed- Gave the salesman my name/number. Never heard back, bought my bike somewhere else.

If you don't like the service go somewhere else!!!

Yeah, I only purchased 3 FREAKING BIKES from them in 6 years. I walked in to also look at a S3 (in white) and they wouldn't give me the time of day.

When I purchased the B-King, I traded in my Aprilia and even though they are the only Ape dealer in Central Ohio...even though I would consider myself a good customer...they wouldn't give me shit for it and were a $1k higher on the Suzuki than MOC.

I will NEVER buy a bike from them again...

well it seems like i am not the only one that has an issue with them. i just feel bad for anyone who chooses to go to them in the future.

king i know what you mean. i don't think i got a fair shake on my trade in

this was an expensive lesson i learned from the HINDS expierence, but then again i am the smarter for it and whenever i have a friend looking for a bike i can show them in a very tangable (rodent nest) way what you get when you go to them.

just be glad that hinds has not found this post look at what the owner had to say about another person that complained

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/87234-problems-with-hine-s-motorsports-in-columbus-ohio-2.html

page two is awesome

i am so :beathorse: and i know it.

i don't know about that. i am sure they are effective at getting money from people. they threatened to garnish my wages and pursue me in every legal way they could if i dropped my bike during the test ride. this is the same bike mind you that had its handle bars in the wrong/non stock position because when they transported it from their storage to the store and the clip ons slid down the forks.

i mean sure nothing instills confidence like having your hand wedge itself between the fairing and the handle bar. of course i didn't notice this nice little surprise until after i had bought the bike.

the right clip on was about an inch down from the fork bridge and left clip on was about an inch and a half. how they missed that one i will never know.

but again it was my first bike with clip ons, but now i know to look for that when buying a new bike.

I was going to buy a bike at Hines. When I went home to get some paperwork I sat down to compute the numbers they were throwing at me.

The asses were adding $1600 to the price of the bike. $500 to buy down the interest rate, bullshit and $1100 to finance me. They were adding this money to the loan in order to give me a loan on my bike. I called Ohio Northwest and talked to Michael and bought a Honda from them.

When I called the States Attorney office about Hines I was told that there were 7 or 8 investigations going on them for questionable lending practices.

What they were doing is soooo illegal. I hope they get their asses sued.

(Not that I am bitter)

I can’t agree with you. "A saleswoman" is the one who rode my bike with the handle bar issue and then claimed that she risked her life on the ride from the back of the dealership to the front before the test ride.

"A saleswoman" is also the one that lied to me about "A sales manager" not being at the dealership when I was trying to get in contact with them.

"A sales manager" is the one who blamed Suzuki for the handle bar issue then when Suzuki called him changed his story about how the clip ons ended up that way.

I especially don’t like the fact that the owner said it was my fault that I got a bike in the shape it was because I bought a 06 instead of a 08. And is aware of a problem but does nothing to correct it. (she knew about the rodent problem, admitted it but claimed they only inspect atv's)

if you have good things to say then I respect that, but I personally don't like to deal with dealers who fain self risk when they are selling a product they failed to inspect properly, lie to avoid taking responsibility, replace manufacture equipment with non factory equipment prior to sale, and owners who blame the customer when their staff failed to properly inspect and store a vehicle when it is in their possession.

they may be the best people on the planet and this is just an isolated incident, but doing a cursory Google search returns a large population that have experienced similar issues with them.

I don’t claim that I am not unbiased. I am still very angry about the whole situation. And I am doing my best to not get personal or to insulting. But the whole HINDS MOTORSPORTS experience has left me feeling angry. And in the words of Suzuki all of the issue I am having are dealership issues and need to be handled by them. HINDS MOTORSPORTS failed to handle them and I went elsewhere. HINDS MOTORSPORTS failed to do anything beyond offer to pick up the bike and inspect it. While that seems fair after the 3rd inspection of the same bike in 3 weeks and they still miss large issues. Is it all that unreasonable to go somewhere else and get the service that should have been there from day one?

Edited by bigbluebird

It sucks you had an issue there, but they are about the most honest, willing to deal dealerships I have ever dealt with. I have bought several bikes from there. Maybe Josh was busy and did not want to take calls when you were looking for him, so Tonya told you that. Tonya is a good girl.....I guess you have to know her to pick up on her sarcasm. Joyce is a very nice lady, too. She has called me personally and thanked me for buying a bike there.

every story has two sides.

i am sure they sit back and laugh at the guy who complained that his clip ons weren't right. like "a male" said they expect their customers to move them where they are comfortable so why should they be in the stock position when they sell the bike.

i am sure they laugh at the guy who ended up with a rodent nest in his bike. i mean come on who does not like opening up the bike to find a fluffy surprise.

and when i say laugh i do mean it. hell i was laughing with them the first time i brought it back with one of the owners sons who said he was glad i dident raise a fuss over the bars not being right and that the bike should not have left the floor like that. he even told me what to ask for and said that the bike probably was not even inspeceted in the first place. its times like that when you get that cold acid feeling in your stomach and wonder just what you have gotten yourself into. when even the owners son says they screwed up. then for problem after problem to keep poping up and the owner saying she is not going to do anything or deal with it anymore.

hold on yep still angry i might just take a break here.

it like i said earlier all of my problems were with the dealership and when i took it to another dealer Suzuki stepped up and made sure my bike was right when i got it back.

i stand by what i say, and i respect what you have to say. i am just telling my story. if things had worked out different i am sure i would be right there with you, but they didn't.

i really can go on and on about this but i am :beathorse:

Edited by bigbluebird

• 2 months later...

well now i am afraid. madisonriley you have threated me with your word that there is a potential lawsuit being made against me for telling people what happened to me. i am also sure that you an unidentified member here could be from Hinds and could be privy to all that goes on there. so i tip my hat to you, you have called me a liar and you threatened me with a hint that there might be a lawsuit.

Originally Posted by madisonriley viewpost.gif

I understand in life that you are entitled to your opinion and feelings. But I also understand that many of you are "bashing" people who have not been given the ability to defend themselves properly and the rest of you make judgements based off one side of the story. Phillip has contended that bits of his story were "fabricated" to express his anger. He is entitled to it. But using actually people's names is slander. It is illegal. I have heard through the grapevine that legal action is being taken against him for publicly using an employee's name. He breached privacy laws and libel laws. Good luck with that. I think all that "documentation" talk will back fire on you, because that employee has tons of "documentation" due in part to your tirade.

The gentleman that is upset because he did not feel that a available salesperson greeted him in a timely manner, has obviously not been in an establishment that was busy. Maybe everyone was already working with a customer. If you feel that someone should leave the customer they are with to accommodate you, you are sadly mistaken.

In the future, I hope you learn the truth. Their is your version, the dealership's version and then there is the truth.
i guess when even the (claimed) statement of the dealership claims they do not know what the truth is there is not much more i can say.

thanks everyone who reads this thread and good luck finding a place to buy a motorcycle

Edited by bigbluebird

I have heard through the grapevine that legal action is being taken against him for publicly using an employee's name. He breached privacy laws and libel laws.

its only libel if its not true.

i know they are not going to do anything (fingers crossed), but i just cant seem to let go. i guess i really should throw the rodent nest covered air filter out. :puke::slap:

What could they possibly do? All you did was tell the truth. And as far as using his name, I didn't realize dealership employees had an expected right to privacy? They give everyone who walks through the door business cards with their full name..