I-71 Columbus to Cincinnati

Mensan

VASCAR (Visual Average Speed Computer and Recorder) is really a stopwatch coupled with a calculator. Once a distance is entered, the operator pushes a button to start then stop the stopwatch. VASCAR displays the speed calculated from the distance entered and the time measured.

The type of aircraft makes no difference in the type of ticket or the proceedure.

i got a ticket this way on 161 right where it opens up to 4 lanes and turns into 16 east of newark. they actually pull you over. they just sit down the street, and the plane or whatever radios to the cop sitting there to pull you over then he writes you a ticket.

Guest JsANeon
Yeah a few friends of mine and myself got pulled over the same way....chopper saw us racin etc. on 670 and then cops came out of no where and got all of us on 71......the funny thing was the chopper was actually out because of multiple murders in that area and happened to see us! The best part was one of the cops said that he felt god brought us together for a reason and invited me to his bible study and let us go even after he checked my record and saw that i had a bench warrant! Pulled over for racing/speeding twice with a warrant and still let me go!

Psssh, I'll just open the bottle, spray the helicopter, and make a sweet getaway.

Johnny Extreme!!!1!!

Will you roll down the window and yell SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Just to mock him?

The best part was one of the cops said that he felt god brought us together for a reason and invited me to his bible study and let us go even after he checked my record and saw that i had a bench warrant! Pulled over for racing/speeding twice with a warrant and still let me go!

thanks jesus!

Guest Ponyfreak
I got a ticket on 71 on monday heading from Cinci to C-bus. I was caught by a plane. They pulled over 3 cars and myself at the same time. We were all speeding in a little caravan. $130 GONE

I heard if you get one of these tickets and you plead Not guilty and then you go to court. I have heard both officers have to show up, the one in the plane with the stop watch and the officer that wrote the ticket. If not I heard you can object on grounds of hear say since the cop that is writing the ticket did not clock you.

i was down by Jegs(11th) friday afternoon and i noticed 3 choppers and 2 lil planes flying up and down 71 as i headed north, anyone else see them or get ticketed by them? i never noticed them till yesturday, kinda out of sight out of mind, if you dont know they are lookin for speeders

I heard if you get one of these tickets and you plead Not guilty and then you go to court. I have heard both officers have to show up, the one in the plane with the stop watch and the officer that wrote the ticket. If not I heard you can object on grounds of hear say since the cop that is writing the ticket did not clock you.

The situation you bring up is something of a sore subject for me: I've twice went to trial (representing myself), and on both occasions I moved to have the ticket in question dismissed because one of the officers was not present for testimony. In the one case - which was in Groveport's jurisdiction - the judge ruled (quite erroneously, I might add) that the prosecution need not produce the other officer. In the other case - which was in Columbus' jurisdiction - the prosecution stalled for additional time so that the other officer could be located and brought in to testify. In the first case, I lost badly (at least in that courtroom; I appealed it and got some reprieve in the higher appeleate court), even though I thought I did a fairly good job of defending myself. In the second case, it was like a draw - I didn't want to wait around in the courtroom all day (and lose money in doing so), so I opted to take a plea.

I'm still fairly salty over the Groveport case. I was originally cited for running a red light and not using a turn signal. In all honesty, I wasn't guilty of either. (Really, I wasn't.) The officer that "saw" me do it and cited me (i.e., wrote the ticket) was some cop "in training" with the Groveport police. His supervisor accompanied him during the traffic stop (and identified himself as the supervisor and the other officer as being "in training"). Fast forward, I go to court - in the little backwoods municipality that is Groveport - and only the supervisor shows up. I ask about the other officer, and I was informed that he was "no longer on the force." Immediately, I move to have the case dismissed. Here's how the dialogue went:

Me: "Judge, I'd like to move to have the tickets dismissed, as the prosecution cannot produce the other officer, who is vital to the case."

Judge: "Uh, no, the other officer can testify for the other officer."

Me: "He can?"

Judge: "Yes, he can. There's no issue here."

Me: "Okay, so he can tell me what the other officer saw that night, and what he was thinking during that time?"

Judge: "Yes, he can."

Me: "Does the officer have some kind of ESP? I can't understand how he could know exactly what was going on in the mind of the other officer."

Judge: "I've already ruled that the officer can testify. Proceed with your case."

Me: "Your Honor, I'm finding it difficult to follow the logic of the Court. Wouldn't it be possible that, if that other officer were here, he could take the stand and admit that he was wrong, that he was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on me, or maybe that he felt pressure from his supervisor to write a ticket out to me because he thought his job was in jeopardy? Aren't any of those possible?"

Judge: "No. Proceed with you case or be held in contempt."

I was basically railroaded from that point forward. I think the judge in that case was a little pissed that someone had the audacity to challenge a case in her (yes, it was a her) courtroom.