my bike is acting up

AutoFreak57

I have a '95 Kawasaki ZX600-C. The bike will barely idle at like 600rpm, then randomly the rpms will shoot up to 2000+rpm. The bike also has no power and will sometimes stall as I give it gas. The throttles open and close with the cable and the choke open and closes right. I think it might be spark related.... I noticed from looking online that the wires are 2-piece wires and two of them fell apart when we changed the plugs. Now the wire for cylinder two looked fine and it seems to make a good connection when i pressed it back together, but wire four is frayed on the end. After i rerouted wire 4 to get a better connection, the bike ran a little better and as it went up through the rpms it would be the regular no power and then randomly have spurts of full power. is there anything I can do to fix the wire? or should I go out and by a new coil? or both coils (2 & 4 are on opposite coils)? anyone want to come help me with it?