my first speeding ticket today

kawi kid

:mad: 72 in a 55. i was just cruising minding my own buisness and i see the state patrol guy coming and i look down it says 70 and i figure 15 over he wont bother. sure enought he flashes the lights and i just pull over real quick no chase or nothing i figured that would make it easier. :confused: he was still facing the other direction and not even turned around before i had the bike off and the key out of the ignition.

he comes up and imediately starts with being an ass:rolleyes:. im being polite, yes sir, no sir, told him where i was headed which was less than a mile up the road to meet a buddy for breakfast. and he says "well i got ya for 72 so im ticketing you....." like already i was trying to argue it. so i mentioned me having a cdl and possibly getting a warning since i was curtious enough to pull off right away and not make it a hard time for him. his reaponse "means nothing.......72 mph i cant do anything but ticket you"

At this point i know im getting the ticket and am pissed but im still being polite thinking maybe when he gets back to the car he will see i have a squeeky clean record only ever had one other ticket other than this and it was over 5 years ago.

so he comes back and procedes to scream at me like a complete asshole so i just :D and say no worries sir it will never happen again. his response was "i would hope not"..... i really hoped he would have asked me why cuz i was going to let him know he would have never have seen me again. other than exhaust fumes and dust. :mad::mad::mad:

i know thats alot against :rulez: but honetly for him to stand there and belittle me on the side of the road like that.

but yay prop 100+ bucks for being late to a shitty cheap breakfast before a ride........

that horrible you should complain to the station about that prick. The cop that popped me was the coolest cop ever took a picture with him gave me a way to get out of it and even made jokes about racing back to Columbus. You got someone who just found his wife banging the neighbor.

I actually would call the station and ask to talk to his superior. There is no call for that.

And if you were only registering 70 then there is no facking way you were doing 72 unless you have a speedo healer, or you rolled off before you looked down.

I swear to god, the smaller-town cops are soooo much more likely to be in a bad mood. I dunno what it is. I get pulled over in Ashland and they treat me like a pile of turd for going 11 over. I get pulled over in Cbus and they stand there to bs w/ me while writing me 3 tix (yes, I had expired tags, expired license and was going 15 over, whoops).

You should def try to talk to someone at station about it. When they see how courteous you are, they may help you out.

I actually would call the station and ask to talk to his superior. There is no call for that.

And if you were only registering 70 then there is no facking way you were doing 72 unless you have a speedo healer, or you rolled off before you looked down.

Unfortunately it would be your word against his, you know who wins that one. Unless he had many complaints and his supervisor felt like pulling the audio from his dash cam <-- actually not a bad idea

The cops were out if major force today ALL OVER.

kawi kid, don't be lazy about this, go down to the station, take the ticket with you. tell the person working the desk you want to file a "written complaint about the officer" because of his conduct today, put everything that happened on the complaint, the way he acted, that you had a clean record, etc. Cops with complaints on file don't get promotions, and it looks bad on their review. He'll think twice before disrespecting a polite citizen next time. There are good cops and bad cops, unfortunely the station is not going to know who the bad cops are unless people file complaints on them. the station WILL probably try to pressure you into not filling a complaint, we'll demand it, its your right. I hate prick cops. I've put in a complaint on a prick cop before, it makes you feel better too :)

Damn Ninja kid we were just talking about getting tickets a couple days ago on another thread. And I said dont jenks ourselfs. Sorry about your luck man. Dont get another one going over 15 mph with that CDL especially in a year. You actually did'nt have to listen to the asshole I would have just takin the ticket and said later. Nothing they can do.

The problem is, you were speeding. He called in your plate and speed before he ever got out of his car and talked to you. As far as him being an ass, that's another story.

understood.........thats why i pulled over i was doing wrong so i took the fall

pulling the audio from his dash cam

a lot of places took the cams out so they could continue to illegally pull people over and search them for being black.

+1

If ir was a trooper, then they can review the cam & confirm what he said to you.

Good luck.

just when i asked if he could consider letting me go as a warning since i had a cdl.

honestly im not going to get into anything like that im just gonna move on. it dont effect my cdl at all so im just gonna let it go. i dont wanna take the chance of making it worse.

just when i asked if he could consider letting me go as a warning since i had a cdl.

honestly im not going to get into anything like that im just gonna move on. it dont effect my cdl at all so im just gonna let it go. i dont wanna take the chance of making it worse.

who was the trooper? the last name?