my first speeding ticket today

kawi kid

just when i asked if he could consider letting me go as a warning since i had a cdl.

honestly im not going to get into anything like that im just gonna move on. it dont effect my cdl at all so im just gonna let it go. i dont wanna take the chance of making it worse.

Good idea

:mad: 72 in a 55. i was just cruising minding my own buisness and i see the state patrol guy coming and i look down it says 70 and i figure 15 over he wont bother. sure enought he flashes the lights and i just pull over real quick no chase or nothing i figured that would make it easier. :confused: he was still facing the other direction and not even turned around before i had the bike off and the key out of the ignition.

he comes up and imediately starts with being an ass:rolleyes:. im being polite, yes sir, no sir, told him where i was headed which was less than a mile up the road to meet a buddy for breakfast. and he says "well i got ya for 72 so im ticketing you....." like already i was trying to argue it. so i mentioned me having a cdl and possibly getting a warning since i was curtious enough to pull off right away and not make it a hard time for him. his reaponse "means nothing.......72 mph i cant do anything but ticket you"

At this point i know im getting the ticket and am pissed but im still being polite thinking maybe when he gets back to the car he will see i have a squeeky clean record only ever had one other ticket other than this and it was over 5 years ago.

so he comes back and procedes to scream at me like a complete asshole so i just :D and say no worries sir it will never happen again. his response was "i would hope not"..... i really hoped he would have asked me why cuz i was going to let him know he would have never have seen me again. other than exhaust fumes and dust. :mad::mad::mad:

i know thats alot against :rulez: but honetly for him to stand there and belittle me on the side of the road like that.

but yay prop 100+ bucks for being late to a shitty cheap breakfast before a ride........

I think most of those Highway Patrol guys are Gay. You should have kissed him on the cheeck and patted him on the ass. I had a some queer ask me to get in his car & close the door while he writes the ticket. I had my wife and 2 kids in the Suburban with me--wtf??

just when i asked if he could consider letting me go as a warning since i had a cdl.

honestly im not going to get into anything like that im just gonna move on. it dont effect my cdl at all so im just gonna let it go. i dont wanna take the chance of making it worse.

In your OP you said he was being impolite the moment he opened his mouth..

If he didn't start till you said something about getting a warning then I guess I could see, but still..

OHP are the worse. They rarely give ANY breaks.

My favorite cops are city cops. They normally let me off most of the time.

Most State Troopers are exmilitary and they cut no breaks.:nono:

what does exmilitary have to do with it?

The way i do it is if i think there is no way in hell of me getting out of the ticket with my speeding record there normaly isnt then i will be nice if he is and if not i just tell him to just give me the ticket and go do his paperwork on it. I am on my second liscenes for pointing out for speeding so i dont care anymore. There is no reason to lisen to him bitch if you are getting the ticket anyway. I know most of the police now so they know i dont care what they have to say anyway after they pull my record. Just say thank you and see you soon.

I believe it is OSP policy to have the dash cam+audio working on any traffic stop. If they actually turn the audio off to rip your arse and you complain, the stop gets reviewed and if the trooper turned it off on purpose...he can and probably will be written up. As for local cops, I'd say its 50/50 on if its working or if they even have them due to budget/lazyness.

As for bringing you into their car...I believe the idea is to bring you into their car so they can get all the info and know what your doing. Versus leaving you in the car/on bike and having to answer it all while standing outside praying some jackarse doesn't cream everyone while rubbernecking like we have seen in so many videos. I've known a few troopers and their attitude is due to the training they are put through. They train them para military and to be hard and to take charge and unfortunately that also can lead to unpleasantness. Most of the ones I know were like that for a bit and then after a few years chilled out and were normal. But typically, yeah....if OSP pulls you over or if your in an accident and at fault, prepare to eat a ticket. ;(

Highway patrol are the least likely to give you a break...

12 or more over and they are usually doing your paperwork before they even get out of the car...

His conduct was inexcuseable by your description, he's supposed to be a public servant, not a public nuisance....

I sent you a pm, I'd suggest you fight the ticket...

what does exmilitary have to do with it?

Could be the red face and popping forehead vein you get when someone moves your papers on your desk while screaming we're all going to die.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing things tho.