Scion TC test drive

TheBussman1647545507

HAHA Brian, I remember looking at them a year or so ago, it definitely WAS NOT fast, but maybe it felt fast to you since your not used to a fast or even quick car? Also, what fucking options did this thing have? If I remember right the one I drove was $17k, give or take some. $4k in options? Jesus I'd look at other cars for that sticker price...

myself and zuht from the board here test drove one because he was going to get rid of his stang. It felt ... blah and the power range sucked. Now there is a supercharger option from what i understand for it. MAybe that would make it fast but other then that it felt cheap. We could nto even listen to the radio they said they put the radio in after u buy it.

myself and zuht from the board here test drove one because he was going to get rid of his stang. It felt ... blah and the power range sucked. Now there is a supercharger option from what i understand for it. MAybe that would make it fast but other then that it felt cheap. We could nto even listen to the radio they said they put the radio in after u buy it.

The supercharger is not like a factory option, but it is an add-on and factory warrantied. It's $3000 for 40hp, woo deee fuckin doo.. So now its a $24k+ car, and STILL SLOW. Again, much better cars for the price.

They are not fast not even for being a 2.4L my old 93 Sentra SER feels loads faster then it and it's quick for its size at best. Second what in the world are you talking about 21K? Loaded they are only like 20K I think. Stock which comes with a lot of standard crap is only like 17500, I didn't like most of the add ons as I thought they were ricer add ons.

I test drove one a month ago and was seriously considering getting one as its a nice economical car but I opted to go the cheap route and avoid a payment at this time and bought the sentra in cash because like sam knows....

Ca$h is king!

For $24k I'd rather have a slightly used S2000 (if you're looking for a sporty economy car) or a 4-5 year old Z06.

Or if your looking for a NEW car like this one I'd rather have the new 2006 GTI with the 2.0t, or a WRX.

anyway i'm just saying in my opinion i thought i liked it, i probiply will never buy one, expect maybe in 10 years i might get a used 06' or 07' i don't know,

plus lok at the 100% japonise parts content!

(i know alot of you on here don't care about that but i do)

Guest MissTypeS
I test drove the tC too, just for shits and giggles. It's a decent option for a college student who wants a decent looking car with a lot of decent options. Obviously the key word is 'decent' here. Nothing jumped out at me or really wowed me enough to be interested in taking one home. It's comparable to a Civic EX, IMO. When my Integra was totaled in October and I had to find a new car in 3 days, I didn't even consider the tC. Just not enough bang for my buck. (I also got an insane lease deal on my Type S, so that pretty much sealed the deal)

[beating a dead horse]

You CAN NOT compare a used cars value to a new cars price!!11!

[/beating a dead horse]

Yeah, I think there is a better value in used car than new cars period. That’s why I bought my car three years old coming out of a lease a few months after the new body style came out. But if you want to compare something, compare apples to apples. How much is a Scion that is as old as the cars you guys are talking about?

Note for anyone dumb enough to actually take that time to answer that question: It’s rhetorical

On topic: I think they look decent stock, not my style, but they look ok. I have never sat in, ridden in, or driven one though.

when I bought mine, I was looking at used is300's, type-s rsx's, the tC, blah blah blah ... basically, I bought the tC because it felt good to me. No it's not fast. It's quick, that's about it, not fast. It doesn't feel fast, but every now and then I'll look down and be doing 80 and not realize it. It's comfortable (for me) inside. I pretty much got it loaded and it wasn't 21K. 19,8 at the most. I didn't lease it, I bought it. Got a kick ass interest rate, plus in a couple years I'm gonna trade it in on my 325i or my 330i.

A kid I went to school with built his own turbo kit for his Tc. At 12 psi he smoked a stage 1 SRT4 from a roll. Now it's tuned for 15 psi. Not a bad little car IMHO. To get anything decent new it's going to cost you in the low $20's.

My girlfreind has one that is 5 speed and her parents have one that is auto. they handle like shit but are nice cars and she paid 16,900 a year ago she bought like the third one germain had ever sold.

OT but do you know " SIONPSI" ??? It's a blue SI with boost, seen him a few times up at easton/polaris...