Read-ended w/ hit & run

MrMeanGreen

Short version, my neck is killing me and I feel like I wanna puke.

Going to my mom's with Jessica, her sister, and my son to pick my daughter up. I'm driving Firebird Jr.

Stupid bitch in a Durango weaving around talking on the phone, people bouncing on the seats of her truck. I get to SR256 and pass her. About 1/4 mile down and 30+ seconds later, she comes flying up behind me. I happen to be almost stopped at a red light. I hit my brakes to stop (I'm only doing about 2mph) and she promptly locks her brakes up and rear ends me doing about 10mph.

She gets out, I roll my window down, she yells "look what you made me do", and I get out. I tell her I hope she's insured, and she hops in her truck and takes off into traffic, but gets stopped in traffic. I follow her and call the cops, handing the phone to Jessica. She's traverses through Reynoldsburg and somehow the RPD get her cell# and call her, and have her pull over in Blacklick. The RPD show up, and go figure, it's my buddy Adam (99 TA on here). He writes up the report, but cannot cite her due to a conflict of interest (he's a friend on a personal level). His supervisor shows up, explains the details and that the City Prosecutor will be filing Failure to Maintain Assured Clear Distance Ahead against her after going through the paperwork.

So my neck is killing me (I broke it five years ago and was just in last week to have my doctor give me more medication for it), Jessica's lower back hurts again (she was in an accident six months ago), and the rear bumper of Firebird Jr. is missing some paint and has some spider-webbing.

Normally, I woulda told the bitch off and let her go. But when she took off like no biggie, that's when I decided to pursue this further. I've already filed claims with my and her insurance companies, so we'll see what happens.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THROW THE FUCKING BOOK AT HER.

This is the driver I literally have the least sympathy for on the road. If it weren't for the innocent kids inside (however fucking annoying they are), I would wish a rollover upon every one of those conceited bitches.

Hope you and Jessica feel better and its nothing serious.

Damn thats fucked up. I had a group of teenage kids chuck a water balloon at my van a few years back in the same location. I tracked them down until they pulled into a parking lot to hide. Just before I put my fist through their window I noticed it was only some teenage kids. So I didnt and the cops showed up about 2 seconds later. Its funny what people think they can get away with. Glad to hear everyones alright. I am sure it was just bad karma for calling the del sol "del slo".:D

The law states that unless a felony is committed, the driver in an accident has 24 hours to report the accident before it's considered a "fleeing from the scene". Bullshit if you ask me, this bitch had no intention of seeking later contact.

No one take offense to this, but she was a black woman, and had the ghetto attitude to match. Something was also said by her that made Adam ask for his supervisor to show up and finish the incident report, and she had another car show up with more of her family in it. I dunno WTF that was about.

But yes, she did blame the accident on me. She stated that I passed her and nailed the brakes so she could hit me. While stopped in traffic at an intersection, quite a bit a ways from where I did indeed pass her.

No one take offense to this, but she was a black woman, and had the ghetto attitude to match... ...and she had another car show up with more of her family in it. I dunno WTF that was about.

I doubt anyone takes offense to that, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with her. And like Ricochet said, "That's just how bitches are."

Ant I hope you'll be ok. Neck & back injuries are always scary because the healing process can take weird twists? As for her - yeah unfortunately very typical. Couple years ago my wife got hit by a camaro that was literally "airborne" as it lost control, hit the 6" medial on Cleveland ave JUST south of the rt 161 interchange, while in the air he broadsided her. She was driving her Olds Silhouette van. He was an immigrant mex, tried to get away running on foot!!!! Columbus's finest apprehended him. In court he was fined etc & was ordered to pay our deductible (of course he had no ins). That accident was 8 yrs ago or so / still no check from him. Moral = your health is the only thing that really matters. Her? she'll in all likelyhood NEVER get what she deserves, not fair (for sure) but thats life these days - Now HAD YOU REAR ENDED HER VEHICLE? As a regular working, tax paying, anglo american, voting, paying for insurance every 6 months, citizen??? Well Ant as you know, you'd be paying all her medical bills including but not limited to cosmetic surgery, new home, new Durango etc etc!!!! Just listen to the Dr's & get back to your normal self - thats all you can do - Damn her hitting you pisses me off as she drove away!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear Anthony, speaking of bitches I was at the MVA getting a registration renewed this AM and this bitch beside me opened her big ass Tahoe door right into the side of my car, (yapping on her phone to he ladiez I'm certain) and didn't say a god damn thing. I got out and said HEY she turns around and I'm like WTF she said oh I didn't know I hit it(yeah right) I just let it go bc my car isn't mint or anything but it's still the point, bitch is lucky I restrained myself.

Damnit I'm pissed about it again. :mad:

Thread cleaned. Keep it non-hating.

Update.

I just got off of the phone with the irresponsible bitch's "insurance company", Safe Auto. The claims adjuster said that the lady was insured yesterday, AFTER the accident.

It happened at 3:15pm yesterday. The bitch went and started a policy last night at some time, paying cash. The card she showed Adam at the time was for a policy that had lapsed due to non-payment.

So yeah, no wonder she ran when I told her she'd better be insured. At this point, I still have Uninsured Motorists coverage that will probably be used.

Will this make my premiums go up? Also, can't my insurance company go after her personally for payment? My fucking neck and jaw still hurt, outside of the normal realm of what I'm used to. Jessica has a pretty fucked up back, yay.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

insurance companies are a business, any claim you make your rates will go up, it really sucks.

make sure that your insurance company will definitely go after her thats the only nice thing really. They don't want to lose money so they will go after her with her lawyers to pay for your damages (typically)

Will this make my premiums go up?

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Nope. Talk to your agent if you have concerns, but that's what uninsured motorist is for. I had this happen about ten years ago in my Mustang, a woman ran a stop sign and hit me in the passenger side. (front) Your insurance company will recover their damages from her if they feel they can. They will *certainly* harass her and threaten legal action no matter what. Since she has no insurance company to argue on her behalf and Johnnie Cochran is no longer among the living, she's fucked. Only downside is this: Your insurance company will not raise your rates solely on this incident; however this will be reported as a claim to the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange. (aka CLUE) If you switch insurance companies, or your policy is reviewed or rewritten, your rates may increase due to this being reported to CLUE. They are sort of a "credit bureau" that reports your claims history to interested parties. Not much you can do about that, unless you want to sue her in civil court for damages... good luck with that, because our wonderful state judicial system only provides relief for damages you have already sustained; not ones which you will or might. Hope this helps.

your rates will go up as it is an accident you were involved in (fault or not)

they will go after her

when they sue her for damages they incurred they will also sue on your behalf for your pain and suffering

My rates didn't go up when I was rear-ended in Sept 2004.

-Mike

as i only worked for one company obviously i can not comment on all or every insurance company i thought that fact would have been obvious next time i will spell it out

If it goes on a claim if you plan on switchig providers it will affect your rates