Good shop to have my car check out/ worked on

6 Speed S4

Ok, I am getting sick of the ticking noise on my engine. Toyota said I need a new motor. SInce then I drove the car about 3,000 miles. Other people have told me the ticking noise is my valves and I need a valve job. Im looking to get a second opinion/ get the work done. Definitly not taking it to tansky or toyota direct. Would IPS motorsports be a good place to get it checked out at? or should I goto lexus of dublin? Any suggestions would be nice.

well you are out of warrenty so I would find a shop you trust to service it till you (if you ever do) buy a new one. My shop is more than able as well as Ips I bet can too. just go to one and meet the people and see who you feel comfy with. If you want me to look at it give me a call and I can set an apointment. Obetz Auto Repair (formerly Kirk's Service center) = 492-6026

Scott, would you be able to tell me what's wrong with my truck. It is a 1994 chevy with a 5.7, almost 80,000 miles, and the oil pressure drops off when idiling, like to the last mark on the guage, so it's at like 20psi is that. It only happens after the truck starts to get warm. What do you think the problem is? Could it be oil pump?

Ok, I am getting sick of the ticking noise on my engine. Toyota said I need a new motor. SInce then I drove the car about 3,000 miles. Other people have told me the ticking noise is my valves and I need a valve job. Im looking to get a second opinion/ get the work done. Definitly not taking it to tansky or toyota direct. Would IPS motorsports be a good place to get it checked out at? or should I goto lexus of dublin? Any suggestions would be nice.

IPS would be a great place to have your car checked out.

Call down to the shop if you are still interested, and we'll talk. thanks

Mike

614-444-5884

IPS would be a great place to have your car checked out.

Call down to the shop if you are still interested, and we'll talk. thanks

Mike

614-444-5884

thanks. Jeff called me but I wasnt home and by the time I got to return the call you guys werent open or just were busy.

The Northend Wrench is a good place. Back when my dad was alive, he used to take cars up there he was too lazy to fix himself. Sometimes, he even took the rally car up there to have certain stuff done. Its about a couple blocks from where I live Joe, I can point it out for you sometime.

The Northend Wrench is a good place. Back when my dad was alive, he used to take cars up there he was too lazy to fix himself. Sometimes, he even took the rally car up there to have certain stuff done. Its about a couple blocks from where I live Joe, I can point it out for you sometime.

ok thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Ok good news. My car is at The Northend Wrench right now, Dave called me and told me the ticking is just my exhuast manifold needing new gaskets and has some stripped studs. My cars rough idle is due to a tiny exhaust leak. Total cost will run around 400. Thank god I don't need a new motor!

holy shit, and which toyota dealer told you that you needed a new motor? I'd sue there ass for sure! Don't tell me it was Tanksy....I already have a list of problems with them...Glad you got it fixed though, now spray that bitch! lol

holy shit, and which toyota dealer told you that you needed a new motor? I'd sue there ass for sure! Don't tell me it was Tanksy....I already have a list of problems with them...Glad you got it fixed though, now spray that bitch! lol

Nope it was toyota direct. Never going there again. No spray but a supercharger will be coming in the not so distant future :D

Ok good news. My car is at The Northend Wrench right now, Dave called me and told me the ticking is just my exhuast manifold needing new gaskets and has some stripped studs. My cars rough idle is due to a tiny exhaust leak. Total cost will run around 400. Thank god I don't need a new motor!

Wow, that's great! Speaks volumes about that shop.

I'll never sugest anyone go to Toyota Direct now either.

Scott, would you be able to tell me what's wrong with my truck. It is a 1994 chevy with a 5.7, almost 80,000 miles, and the oil pressure drops off when idiling, like to the last mark on the guage, so it's at like 20psi is that. It only happens after the truck starts to get warm. What do you think the problem is? Could it be oil pump?

check it with a real oil pressure guage spec on a small block chevy at hot idel is only 10 or 15 psi does it rise with rpm?

I'm am also more than willing to check it out for you

and I can take a look at the toyota as well

354-0635 ask for Dave