Want to buy the fastest ZO6 in the country

Sam1647545489

I'll bite. I, seriously, would not want to own that car. Each 8 sec pass probably costs you, ultimately, about $100. Not to mention getting it around from strip to strip, payments on it, insurance, gas for the tow vehicle, and astronomical yearly maintenence. Too damn much money and effort for a few 8sec shots to 150mph. It would not be as enjoyable as one might think. After all, there's a reason its for sale. ;)

I'll bite. I, seriously, would not want to own that car. Each 8 sec pass probably costs you, ultimately, about $100. Not to mention getting it around from strip to strip, payments on it, insurance, gas for the tow vehicle, and astronomical yearly maintenence. Too damn much money and effort for a few 8sec shots to 150mph. It would not be as enjoyable as one might think. After all, there's a reason its for sale. ;)

Most people that buy a car like that:

- Have owned other cars of similar performance

- Are not buying it just for a "toy" but rather to compete with, where money can be earned

- Are probably sponsered, or have enough income to support the maintance on it

- Probably already have their own tow rig.

you really dont know anything about drag racing do you? $100 a run?!?! lmao! you could go to trails, pay $15 put in 5 gallons of race fuel and be set for the night. I raced a 8.1 second s/c dragster for 2 years. It really isnt that big of a deal. sure that car is built and boosted more than our BBF was, but that's why it's built, unless you break something, then you're just paying the entry and fuel as well as prolly plugs every few track days.

you really dont know anything about drag racing do you? $100 a run?!?! lmao! you could go to trails, pay $15 put in 5 gallons of race fuel and be set for the night. I raced a 8.1 second s/c dragster for 2 years. It really isnt that big of a deal. sure that car is built and boosted more than our BBF was, but that's why it's built, unless you break something, then you're just paying the entry and fuel as well as prolly plugs every few track days.

WOW, If I knew having a consistent 8 second car was soooooo cheap I would have gotten one awhile ago. There is sooooo much maintence, time, and personal expense that goes into 8 second cars its not funny. Most people I know with sub 9 second cars says it takes anywhere from 100-150 a pass if nothing breaks.

Nothing screams "I'm ready to tear shit up!" like a Stroud 'chute mounted to the rear of your car. I'd rock it as a daily driver. ;)

IMHO, they took everything balanced about the Z06 and threw it out the window. B&M shifter bandstrapped to the console? 12bolt rearend?!?! No thanks! :) If I wanted to go faster than 9 seconds, I'll build a dragster purposely designed for such a task...NOT ripping apart a $35k used Vette to make it happen.

I mean, what's the point of still having climate control in place when you need to manually switch on a water pump to keep the car cooled between pulls? Is A/C really going to matter for a quarter-mile? At sub-9 seconds, is it worth the few pounds to retain the stereo and climate controls?

Sorry. I'm sure it's a fast drag car, but the whole package seems cobbled together.

WOW, If I knew having a consistent 8 second car was soooooo cheap I would have gotten one awhile ago. There is sooooo much maintence, time, and personal expense that goes into 8 second cars its not funny. Most people I know with sub 9 second cars says it takes anywhere from 100-150 a pass if nothing breaks.

you can't factor in the cost of the car and upkeep into the amount it costs to run it. I wouldn't take what i have invested in my talon and divide it by the amount of runs i've made and say it costs this much to make a pass. Because all it costs. It only costs the amount of things you break,burn or pay for to race. Top fuel cars are so expensive per run due to complete rebuilds per every run, along with fuel costs, tires, etc.

our race car cost $10 for time trials, $2/gal for methanol, and that's about it. i'm not gonna factor in the motorhome, stacker trailer, golf cart, diesel to get to the track, etc. Now for the actual races, the entry fees were a lot higher, so that would change.

Can that really be called a zo6 anymore? I think too much has changed in the process of the build,thats like saying that John Force drives a mustang. Its Deff the body of a zo6 but not much else that came off the line is still there save for the interior but thats not why people buy a zo6 IMO

I mean dont get me wrong that is sweet and to be the first to do it is also cool.