Opinions

wnaplay1647545503

I am looking for serious opinions only.

I dont like the stance of my del sol and was considering putting on a mild body kit and lowering. I know everyones opinions are against the "riced" look. But I am planning on keeping it at least through summer and want to do something to it. I am going for a clean installation. I am looking to go similar to the pics below. That is about the extent of it. I am planning on having Rolla do some work on it once I get my mind made up. So get past your hatred of "riced" out cars and give me your serious opinion.

Thanks

Heres the look I am going for

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/2045384_7.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/2045384_6.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/2045384_5.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never even seen a body kit, other than on a car. I was going to put it on myself. Do all kits need to be seemed to the body? I guess its more than just attaching to the car. The bumpers should take stock placement, right? And the side skirts attach below the car? As of now I need some body work done to the drivers door I have already talked to him about. But there is a couple other smaller areas that need attention. And of course an entire re-paint. I surely dont want to spend a ton of money on it. I will try and get away with doing as much of the work myself.

I believe that is the stock spoiler like you can barely see on mine in my sig.

body kits are not rice If they are done with taste.

Examples

Rice

http://www.computeractive.gr/uploads/warrior/Honda%20Civic%20vtec%20COOL!!!.jpg

Clean import (not rice)

[Well hell 23 pages of pic from google and mot one example of a non rice honda. The ond you posted is pretty good so just look at it :rolleyes: ]

anyways just take your time plan the whole car before you buy a thing. And I have found that if it can be put into a catagory of bling or has a mean/race car sounding name for the part don't buy it. Also those cheap kits without a TON of work they look like crap. Even with the prices that rolla charges I don't think you can make them fit rite for less than a good kit

I have done some body work and I know if I take my time I can make it look good. And the whole car needs painted. I dont know exactly what hp it has now. And the car is a hell of alot lighter than what I am use to but it has some get up and go. It must be because it is so damn light. So what should a good kit go for?

Those pics you had in your first post remind me of the Wings West kit I have. The only reason I got it was because it was cheap ($600 for all 4 pieces already painted). I had already lowered my car and got a nice set of wheels and thought the Wings West would really look good with it. The kit itself is actually held on with high adhesive double sided tape and screws. It didn't fit the best, but I can't afford to have it professionally molded. It looks good when you step back to look at it, though.

So do what BAM said first, just lowering a car and adding some wheels can make a huge difference. Then decide if you want to spend the extra money on the body kit. Sometimes I wish I had not bought the body kit and saved the money, but oh well.

I also say forget the kit and lower your car and put some really good looking shoes on it.. trust me it will make a world of a difference. you wanna find something that will have a flush look to the fenders in decent offset/size. Do they make OEM sideskirs and lips for those delsols? if they do I would look into those because they keep the OEM clean look too.

Okay I think something has been done to modify the engine although it looks stock. What could have been done while maintaining stock appearance? What tests can be done to determine this? No matter how fast your car is there will always be somebody that can go faster. It is a quick little car.

Think she can do a consistant 150mph+? You're challenging a touring car.. :o

Question is, do you think YOUR car could do a consistant 150mph.. if at all?

Okay I think something has been done to modify the engine although it looks stock. What could have been done while maintaining stock appearance? What tests can be done to determine this? No matter how fast your car is there will always be somebody that can go faster. It is a quick little car.

Damn, I must be moving up in the world.. at first I was under the impression that my car was slow, but apparently my car is quick now.

Dude you play with hello kitty dolls?

'lovemy86' does.

+1. Keep dumping money into it, and it will still be slow.

That was a pretty stupid comment. Seriously.

Anything can be made fast, but a body kit sure as hell isn't going to get it to that point.

Jason, check these out when you get a chance:

www.turbod16.com

www.slowmotionmotorsports.com