GM drops the GTO

Conesmasher

vinny, before you get offended, alex is probably the only 18 year old on here who knows enough to make the statement he did.

that being said, my next car will be an 04 gto, if i can sell my wrx.

Takes a lot more than that to offend me. :)

I just doubt a test drive from Denny D. is enough evidence to make those claims.

People spreading the idea these are slow is a GOOD thing for me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a little more research. Your comment is similar to saying the Camaro and Firebird aren't really the same car.

Do a little more research on your own car and then tell me i'm stupid.

Holden makes the Monaro CV8. I thought Holden was owned by GM...like Opel? Also, Holden operates in Australia, not Europe...I'm pretty sure.

Yes, the Monaro CV8 is the car that was produced by Holden OUTSIDE of the states. I should've said outside of the states in the first place instead of Europe, I just jumped the gun a bit too quickly. As far as I know, I HIGHLY doubt GM owns Holden... and you're right they are aussie based.

Besides, why would I buy a cramped uncofortable car when I can go next door to the Dodge dealer and buy a 300C or Charger which is just as fast with all the goodies for $3000-$5000 less? Besides, QUOTE]

I dont believe they are as fast

I also have ridden in and driven an 05 goat. I <3 the interior, no one can hate on it, and yes, they are extremely quick stock cars.

Vinny, I included that Denny D comment to unvalidate my claim (is that even a word?). I wasn't nearly as good a driver then, so that would probably account for 90% of my distaste for the car. that said, it is an incredibly comfortable car. I'm 6'3" 225 and I felt like I was sitting in a throne. And yes, Denny D allowed a 17 year old to take a car out. My friend's dad knows someone who knows someone or some shit like that, so I dropped his name and they were pretty much like "oh yeah sure, take any car you want".

I'd love to get a ride in a GTO sometime when I'm back in C-bus, so I'll have to hit up the meets.

Yes, the Monaro CV8 is the car that was produced by Holden OUTSIDE of the states. I should've said outside of the states in the first place instead of Europe, I just jumped the gun a bit too quickly. As far as I know, I HIGHLY doubt GM owns Holden... and you're right they are aussie based.

You make me laugh....

HAHAHAHA

Yes, GM owns Holden. The Monaro and the GTO are basically the same car.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/corporateinfo/companyprofile/companyprofile.jsp

Parent Company

General Motors Corporation, Detroit, Michigan, USA.

Ok. You're stupid.

Come sit in my car. Check out which side of the center console the e-brake is on. Guess why?

Come sit in my car. Check out which side of the radio the volume control is on. Guess why?

Nice try though.

Clicky. Clicky.

http://selectmotors1.com/photos/7860.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Holden-VZ-Monaro-Y-S-Studio-1920x1440.jpg

I didn't care for the look of the GTO and haven't driven one but have raced LS1 cars and can say they are quick stock.I think GM killed another car through poor marketing and by not listening and responding to customers.I would buy one over a Z06 because of the backseat,I've been through a 2 seater and they just don't work for a Father of 3.The GTO is a car you go to work and say "I seen a GTO last night" you don't do that with Mustangs,Camaros,Firbirds or 95% of other performance cars that are out there now.

i have not driven one but i have took a ride in a modified one, the whole suspension was done, White line track coilovers, whiteline sway bars, white line strut tower bars, and replaced ever bushing in the car with noltec, also had Work wheels with sticky tires, seemed to handle just fine to me, however it could chage when i drive. probably not since he was on it full the whole time, Nurk if u looking for parts and what not like i said call midwestpd and ask for brandon, his GTO is their shop car. btw they also have the special alighnment tool that you need for the gto.

Holden was never making the GTO.. GM only bought the design off of Holden. Holden makes a similar LOOKING car in europe but it's not the GTO.

holden does make th GTO and it is imported to the us. GM owns Holden. the Monaro and the GTO share 90% of the same parts. so that make you 0 for 3 with that being said your fired... hope you never have to do any fact checking for anything you fail misserbly.

GTO = Holden Manaro CV8 = Vauxhall VXR

I always liked the new GTO. Even when people were saying it was too bland and what not, I still thought it was a nice simple muscle car. The interior looks nice as hell in pictures, I've never sat in one. The '05 definitely looks good with the new exhaust and hood. I remember seeing the "Tiger" edition at a GTO corral at Mid Ohio, that was a sweet car. Too bad it's going away, it was one GM car I would love to own. Not that I still can't, it'll just be a bit harder now.

How about you do a little research before you open your mouth or type.Look on GM's freakin website if you "HIGHLY doubt GM owns Holden" fucking kids go play.

If they're resurrecting the Camaro, the GTO would cannibalize sales. With Holden going to a new platform, the Monaro is getting phased out anyway.

It was a good business decision by GM. I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with "Killing" the GTO name.

Trust me...give it 2 years and you'll be able to buy a new, big-V8, RWD coupe from GM again.

I HIGHLY doubt GM owns Holden... and you're right they are aussie based.

You make me laugh....

HAHAHAHA

Yes, GM owns Holden. The Monaro and the GTO are basically the same car.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/corporateinfo/companyprofile/companyprofile.jsp

Parent Company

General Motors Corporation, Detroit, Michigan, USA.

Corolla Boy, Streets closed........

Fuck dude it wast the second link in Google, I bet a life lesson was learned in this thread......