Scott? Rolla? IPS? Need clutch work done...

zeitgeist57

I'm sentimental. I bought my beloved Cleetus a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed bashing around in it, hauling stuff, and becoming one with the beater truck lifestyle. Unfortunately, I was unable to bring it down with me when I moved to Florida last August. Fortunately, my friend kept it at his condo complex and moved it around every once in awhile just to keep it moving. Aside from the clutch being REALLY bad and a massive hole in the radiator, the thing would start right up everytime.

Now, my buddy is moving back to Korea in April. I still can't bring my truck down to Florida (yet) and I can't bring myself to sell it. My wife and I are eventually moving back up to Columbus, and I'd like to have the truck I've been working on and driving for the past couple of years; it's been a solid ride with little surprises. The problem is, it needs a new clutch and a new radiator. I've rebuilt the carb, distributor, front suspension and brakes, and other odds and ends. It runs excellent, but now doesn't drive worth shit. I have family that will keep it after April and use it until we move back to Ohio, but they are mandating (rightfully so) that it is driveable.

Please let me know if there is anyone on the board willing to do the job. It has to get done by the end of March. On top of that, it really can't go very far under it's own power. I'd replace it myself with my friend, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to pay $400 for a plane ticket from FL to OH for a clutch job.

The truck is a 1985 Chevy C10 (fullsize) pickup. 2WD, 4spd manual (3spd + granny low). 5.0L (305) 4bbl carbureated V8. Reg cab, long bed. No A/C.

It's going to need a new radiator, and a new clutch installed with a rear main seal, throwout bearing, etc... I'm not sure if the flywheel is good for reuse after turning it, or if a new flywheel is necessary altogeher.

Please PM me with price and service quotes. I'll need to select someone and arrange to tow the car wherever the job needs to happen. Thanks!!!