WTB:Beginner bike for sale?Got one?

fooswinger

I'm gonna be getting a gsxr600....I want to be able to completely control it w/o any problems...the 250/500 bike stlyes look a little cheezy too.

I'm not following you. How is a 500/250 less controllable than a GSXR-600? I don't think you understand the nature of a modern 600ss.

The fact is that you do not have any control over a bike at all when you get on one for the first time. All of those skills take time to develop, and it is proven that learning curve takes longer on a 600SS than it does by starting with a smaller, more forgiving bike.

Or is it more about looking cool, as you cruise from place to place, and not getting 'looked down on' by the other squids?

Check this out for what a 250 can do:

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145

No matter what you do, take the MSF, be sure to buy at least a helmet, jacket, and gloves and wear them everytime you ride. Remember, sweat wipes off. Road rash doesn't.

I would not recommend a brand new bike, no matter what you decide. You will drop it, and it sure sucks to have your shiney new plastics all scrached to hell. I know this because I dropped my brand new CBR600 a couple of times within the first few weeks of getting it. Once on my very first day. :(