Got a dog, now I need a vet

copperhead

Does anyone know of any good vets on the northside? I live just off Sawmill, so anything in the Dublin/Powell area would be great. I'm new to the whole pet world. I picked up a 2 to 3 year old female from the deleware humane society, and need to get her to the vet this week.

I would also like to say that the franklin county dog shelter sucks. Sam had brought this up a while back, and he was completely right. If you are looking for a pet, the deleware county one is great to work with.

and just something you may want to look at...i *think* that in some pet stores, like petsmart, they have like an insurance thing or something like that where you pay like 100$/year and it covers all visits, spay/neuter, shots, medications, etc etc. i cant remember what its called. im sure someone will chime in w/ the answer

do all of the petsmart locations have this service? Or should I call ahead to confirm?

I hear that the vet in petsmart is good, but, in my experiences nothing beats a country vet. We take our dogs up to morrow county and they are great. I can't think of the name offhand, I can try to find it if you'd like to know it.

Guest MissTypeS
I definitely recommed pet insurance!!!!! My dachshund has had it for a few years now and it has saved a ton of money on her check ups/shots/medicine.

Guest aftermidnight
I definitely recommed pet insurance!!!!! My dachshund has had it for a few years now and it has saved a ton of money on her check ups/shots/medicine.

huh.....they have pet insurance. weird, but always cool to save some dough....pet insurance.....wow

Looks like a winner, but the yellow pages still have them listed on Hard Rd. Would you happen to have directions to the new place?

Yes. Go past my house, go right on Powell Rd, it's on the right just past the light. You pass it all the time. Stupid. :p

-Marc

I got a new puppy tonight as well. I'm going to take him Saturday to the Banfield clinic at the Grove City clinic. I'll tell you how it is. Here's a picture of my new Siberian Husky, he's bi-eyed. His name is Volk.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/irockacorolla/volk1stnight011.jpg

Pet insurance. fuck that, where I come from its called a shot gun or a sack to drop them in the river.

Well to a lot of people a pet is more than just a pet.

We paid over $500 to have tests ran just to see if my Boxer could have the lump on her ear removed. Then we had to put her to sleep b/c there was one on her heart. If it was removeable we were prepared to spend the $2,000 it was to have the surgery done.

Guest mithesaint
Well to a lot of people a pet is more than just a pet.

We paid over $500 to have tests ran just to see if my Boxer could have the lump on her ear removed. Then we had to put her to sleep b/c there was one on her heart. If it was removeable we were prepared to spend the $2,000 it was to have the surgery done.

There need to be more people like you in the world....and less like the jackass posting above you....