New pics - lowered with new springs - 56K no way

caseyctsv

I put some Hotchkis lowering springs on my T/A - I love the new stance. I cannot go any lower due to my headers / off road Y-pipe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/casey02ws6/Picture057_edited.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/casey02ws6/Picture056_edited.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/casey02ws6/DSC00612.jpg

Also cleaned up the engine bay - I hope to make it out to some events this year and check out some of the other cars!

you might have to much red wire loom. :)

car looks great though

It adds 5 horsepower -

Seriously that is the part I am most torn about. It looks better than the black and I did not do all of the wires - just some. The best way is to re-wrap the wires smaller and hide them but I am not going to tackle that this year. If you mess up 1 connection it will take weeks to figure out which one!

Thanks for the compliments

I had it painted to match the car. They are black stock.

As far as the springs are concerned I just got the car running today but ran it quite a bit and I am REALLY impressed. They feel softer than stock somehow but the car is much more controlled. By the end of the year I will replace the shocks to compliment the springs but the funds are not there for now. They really should be done at the same time but you all know how it goes.

Looks good Casey, you install any sub frame connectors yet?? If not that would really tighten up the feel even more.

Yep - one of my favorite mods. Actually as I put the list together I realized I have a lot more into to it than I thought. I have a lot of money and effort in the car that cannot be seen. I am very proud of the fact that everything was installed in my garage. I had a lot of help from club members but I have done a lot of the mods on my own. I am not taking anything away from those who pay someone else to do it - I am just proud that I got my hands dirty on my car.

• 3 weeks later...
They feel softer than stock somehow but the car is much more controlled.

Do they have a progressive spring rate? I put SLP/Eibachs on mine from an SS and they also feel softer. Going through the corners they seem to hold their ground though! My ride seems smoother than stock and thats even on some lower profile tires...nice car you have there