Had the STI Dyno-Tuned today

SpaceGhost

Was this done with a Cobb ECU thingey (can't remember the name of it) or something else I haven't heard of before?

Did you ditch the plans for the time being to tune for E85 also?

Yes I use cobbs Acessport, and Tim Bailey From PDX Tuning used Cobb's Protuner software to tune the car. He saves the map and gives it to me and I put it on my AccessPort. That way I can swith from 93 0ctane, to 100 octaine in about 30 sec. I also have some anti-theft maps, valet map and a limp mode low boost map.

I had to give up the e85 because Tim wasn't comfortable tuning the car for E85 and I also have an aluminum Fuel Rail. I may look into this further later.

glad to hear your happy with the car. what are your goals for it?

I use it as my daily, also go out to Wisconsin and drive around Road America once a year. I may go down Norwalk this fall a couple of times to see what she runs. I may go to mid ohio if I can afford one of the schools. I am pretty sure she is done for now. Maybe after I pay her off I may throw a deadbolt SZ55 in and a built Cobb block with some cosworth heads, and have it tuned for 500+ hp, but that is in 5 years or so. I want to not have a car payment for a while before I sink more money in.

A number around 18-20% is definitely more correct. I just put down 575whp on Buschur's dyno last week and I know my car isn't making much over 700whp on a Dynojet or Dynapack.

Yeah maybe Alex used pump gas at buschur's dyno. I'll take the 20% that still puts me at almost 380 lbft of TQ and 320hp mark I think.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the guys that went up and got tuned the same day I did went to have his car dyoed at Slowmotion. We have almost identicle cars with the exception of he has a EBC and he is catless. Here is his dyno plots that day over top of mine. I make more TQ but he makes more HP.

My runs are purple for torque and red for horsepower, and his runs are the shades of green...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/loworbitsi/comparison.jpg

So he went to Slomotion and had them dyno his car he other day and here are the reults:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/loworbitsi/mustangversusdynapak.jpg

So I just wanter to say I was wrong and evan and others were correct in the difference was only about 13%. :o