why are trucks so slow?

chrismindless

SO whats up with Pickup trucks???

Somebody enlighten me as to why pickup trucks are driven so slow? Is there something Im missing???? Im not talking about the ones hauling stuff ...

I dont get trucks, at all. Not even for a second.

Why are you driving so slow? Whats the deal?

Is there some code Im not aware of?

Or are you guys just wasting time inbetween jobs while on the clock?

I dont get it.

im not asking why trucks are slow or do I claim that trucks ARE slow, but rather that they are driven the slowest out of every vehicle I meet on the streets.

They are the slowest class of all vehicles I have ever seen and Im curious as to why they are driven so slow. I dont doubt that a truck is fast but rather that it is the slowest heap on the road.

Why is that? WHy are driving so slow? What is going on? What am I missing?

If you are talking about fullsize trucks, then it's probably because of several things. Fuel economy which sucks to begin with, lack of handling abilities, and because they are so big it's difficult to manuever and keep within the lane. They have their uses, and rarely is that use to go fast.

Compact trucks are a different breed though, they tend to handle much better (except for rangers, those suck at everything) and are all around easier to drive. When I had my compact truck with 17" wheels I drove like I was on a racetrack. My fullsize I usually drive kind of slow. I try not to floor it to get up to speed, but I'll cruise at 70 if traffic will let me. I've had it past 100 a few times, but it doesn't feel very stable up there.

Something you need to remember is that not everyone on the road looks at driving the same as you. Most people are only trying to get somewhere without getting into a wreck or pulled over, and so they aren't trying to drive fast. You've got your old retired guys that can't read the roadsigns driving trucks, workers that are paid by the hour and are in no hurry to get to wherever they are going in their work trucks, and you have your average joes that are hauling something or just going to work that have no desire to hotlap around 270 like they in some sort of rocket car.

If trucks driving slow bothers you so much, then maybe it's you that needs to slow down or quit driving before you go road rage on someone.

If you are talking about fullsize trucks, then it's probably because of several things. Fuel economy .......

What I would have posted if I would have gotten to work eariler.

When I drive a truck, I keep right at the speed limit. On average a full size truck weighs a fair amount more than a mid size car, and requires a longer stopping distance.

The ones I dont get are the knuckle heads that think because its a lexus 470 and not a truck that it sudenly has the stoping abilities of a ferrari, and they can ride directly on my bumper in 70mph+ traffic. Brake check FTW.

I drive my 2500 at speed limit. I can go through the entire tank in a matter of 2 days. So I usually leave it at home. My f550diesel, takes a long time to build up speed and requires a long stopping distance. I can burn its entire tank in a day. I agree people cut in front of you like you can stop on a dime.

Like the jackass on SR256 this morning that proceeded to do 35mph in a 50mph zone. I pass him in the right lane and get back over, where he proceeds to now match my 60mph on my ass the rest of the trip.

Wait, that's ALL assholes out there....

i have to agree with chris. you must not have came across my green monster in action. i run that pig at 70 -75 loaded or unloaded, i have spent many hours and dollars to put a truck togather to pull very well and stop even better. i may be one of the few people that drive a truck and know what the right pedal is for.

i have to agree with chris. you must not have came across my green monster in action. i run that pig at 70 -75 loaded or unloaded, i have spent many hours and dollars to put a truck togather to pull very well and stop even better. i may be one of the few people that drive a truck and know what the right pedal is for.

Of course, I drive my truck about the same way. It's big, loud, and I try to throw it sideways whenever I get the chance. I tried doing 80 on my way home from work this morning, but traffic sucked.

And if anyone cuts off the red toyota tundra when it's got a trailer on the back, I'll make every possible attempt to run you off the road. I did it once to a mustang that cut me off before I had the trailer brakes hooked up causing me to not be able to stop for shit. That guy ended up halfway in the grass on I70.

i drive my truck at the speed limit....my brakes are pretty good....also when i wanna get on it i do...i've had my truck @ 140mph a couple times handles pretty well 2.....just depends on the driver...also my tank only lasts a couple days so driving it slow helps me out for the gas milage

If trucks driving slow bothers you so much, then maybe it's you that needs to slow down or quit driving before you go road rage on someone.

what if im doing 5 over and the truck is doing 5 under while several MORE vehicles are matched with me at 5 over? which this is the case 99% of the time and in these cases, the truck needs to speed up.

Guest racinbird

I drive my silverado the speed limit or just 4-5 over. Why? Because I can and I know that the jackass on my bumper wants me to go faster. As someone else already said...brake check FTW.

When I want to go fast I drive the Z28