Forum Rider Down....

r1crusher

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone..thanks for the well wishes. Thanks for the help Kevin. Thanks for checking in Shitty Gar. Here's what happened. And for the record..it wasn't road rash. I had exposed bone and ligaments. Imagine taking a bite out of a drumstick. The part with the bite is the top of the leg. The bottom was what was left of my calf. I had to hold the calf at the bottom to keep the meat from falling off the bone. Wide the fuck open. It looked like a shark bite.

The usual psycho in our group wasn't leading at the time..I was in front. We were going at a good pace..and on our way home. I was coming down hill to the left hander...a SERIOUS 90 degree turn. By the time I noticed how sharp it was, it was time to commit. I braked hard and started to lean and throw the standard knee to the side. Three things happened all at once. I noticed on coming traffic (there had been no traffic for a few miles) and I didn't want to get close to the center line because I didn't want to get clipped. I backed off my line a lil bit...and then I noticed a patch of gravel in the road. I grabbed brake (Mortal Sin..big mistake) and stood the bike up to get around the patch. I didn't want to dump the bike in that turn with traffic coming.

In trying to get around the gravel, I ended up in the grass. Once my bike hit the grass, I had little control. I hit a street sign..and according to reports from the rider behind me, I still had control. Until I got to the mailbox. I tried to squeeze to the left of the mailbox..because to the right was a BIG ASS TREE. I didn't make it. Bam...took the mailbox and the thick ass wooden post out..flipped three times in the air. The bike slammed into the tree. RIP Ninja.

My godbrother took some pics..but they are blurry as hell. I'll post em up soon. They don't do the wound any justice. I'm still here though..and I'll be back on two at some point. RIght now, I can't even drive..and barely walk. Broken tibia..broken bone in my back.

Hey Kevin..iPod's are fuckin expensive!!! LOL

My whole philosophy was..if I don't laugh..I'll cry. So I make jokes about the situation. I think everyone around me was pretty distraught after seeing my leg..and it was just my way of trying to let everyone know it was gonna be OK.

They took me to the nearest hospital, and I took a bird to Akron General. I spent most of the night with my leg wide open..until they determined that the fracture wasn't actually behind the laceration..it was in another part of the leg (which was a good thing).

They let me go today around 6pm after some quick physical therapy. I have to change the dressing tonight, so I'll take some good pics of the stitches.

Again..thanks EVERYONE for the well wishes.

parts sale!!! LOL

Holly Crap Man! I just saw those pics! I would have lost my lunch if I seen that in person man! One tough dude! heal up soon man!

..And hey if your front brake master cylinder and lever is any good, yank that off the bike and I'll buy it off ya bro! ;)

Holly Crap Man! I just saw those pics! I would have lost my lunch if I seen that in person man! One tough dude! heal up soon man!

..And hey if your front brake master cylinder and lever is any good, yank that off the bike and I'll buy it off ya bro! ;)

I'll know tomorrow. I DO have an extra ZX10 master cylinder sitting in my garage..FYI.

jesus tap-dancin'-christ dude! Fuck that looks worse than I thought! Damn dude - I hope you heal up good. I'm glad you're doing ok - I know that riding is dangerous and I keep myself from going too fast (thank you Sept 02 2007 crash on 377!!!) but wow I am really glad it wasn't worse. Count your blessing's bro - grow from this experience. You have a lot of friends here that know you a lot better than me (I've never met ya) but I think I speak for most that see your pics; you're pretty lucky! I'd like to see you ride but I doubt I could come close to keeping up with you!!

** Drunk and rockin' to W.A.S.P. The Last Command ** :)

Its crazy whenever I tell someone I had a ZX7 and crashed it they tell me their buddy(s) had a kawi and crashed it.

Its like - it delivers so much power that it can provide such a sense of security that its got you fooled! :)