1st Autocross Run

Guest TRDtuner

Guest TRDtuner

My bro his friend and I went to Cooper Stadium on Saturday..

It was my first time going to one...let alone actually drive in one....So here is how the first AutoCross Experience went...

I let my brother drive a few and I drove a few runs....Our first run was 67.something....Getting to know the track....My first run was a 66.8... Ok, I was doing way better with him out of the car.....I told them I wanted to hit in the 50s.....I did..........Last run for me yesterday first time out...I got it to 50.4!!! YEYEAHH!!! I was stoked....I was ready to keep going but it was over....Man, Had I done this alot earlier I would have joined a month or two back! Its a blast! .I wanted to go back today but it was Mothers Day.. Im thinking we have an Autocross(er) being born!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TRDtuner
i was there saterday...saw you run...good stuff! i wish i had the dsm out there insted of the parking lot :thumbup:

HA! I remember watching you run.....I just didn't put two and two together that you were on here too. Geez that was alot of tos....anyways, Yea I had an eclipse before the celica...Wonder how it would have run...Not sure.....Im thinking of participating again. My brothers best friend drove the Miata... and neither my bro and I were members. but his friend is... I just might become one here soon. My next goal will be to hit a 49.9......cus i was pretty stoked to hit a 50.4 for a first time out..in a stock celica....not to bad.

Welp, I might just see you again.

My bro his friend and I went to Cooper Stadium on Saturday..

It was my first time going to one...let alone actually drive in one....So here is how the first AutoCross Experience went...

I let my brother drive a few and I drove a few runs....Our first run was 67.something....Getting to know the track....My first run was a 66.8... Ok, I was doing way better with him out of the car.....I told them I wanted to hit in the 50s.....I did..........Last run for me yesterday first time out...I got it to 50.4!!! YEYEAHH!!! I was stoked....I was ready to keep going but it was over....Man, Had I done this alot earlier I would have joined a month or two back! Its a blast! .I wanted to go back today but it was Mothers Day.. Im thinking we have an Autocross(er) being born!!

Like most anyone that tries this sport, you get hooked on it easily and can't get enough! You will get faster as you get more seat time in so keep on coming out there.

Guest TRDtuner
Like most anyone that tries this sport, you get hooked on it easily and can't get enough! You will get faster as you get more seat time in so keep on coming out there.

It sure does turn into a quick addiction that is for sure! :burn:

Guest TRDtuner
sounds like fun, I hope I get to run in 2 weeks when my new clutch is broken in.

Have you ran autocross before? Or would this be your 1st time too?

Joe, dont you think you should watch an Auto-X first?

Also, if you are going to participate make sure you register online.

Good advice on registering. Best way to learn to autocross is to dive right in and do it.

Plan for the heat, they're calling for 90 degrees sunday. There will be a hot dog stand on the lot but he tends to sell out of drinks on hot days so bring water with you.

The first 3 events I was having a hard time getting enough heat in the tires, now I'm gonna have to break out the water sprayer alreasy in case they get too hot!! Should be fun anyways.

Reminder: There are quite a few cars registered for sunday meaning they will be enforcing the "30" car limit for on-site registration. You should be there by no later than 7-7:30 am to make sure you can get in.

Guest TRDtuner
Yea......I wanted to go to .....just wasn't a good day to make it....O hopefully at least another time around I'll be able to come back cus that first time was a blast!

Guest c1runnersw20
I was there as always sweating my ass off. I got 1st place again so it was worth it!!

Mopar Laser For the win. I wish they gave trophies for style points. But Its not a drift event :burn: