1st Autocross Run

Guest TRDtuner

Mopar Laser For the win. I wish they gave trophies for style points. But Its not a drift event :burn:

That was "almost" a great save on your last lap!! Almost every turn was off camber which made the course ideal for style points, though you know what happens to the "style" people like Tom and Stevan!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I burned the hell out of my arms and neck and got last in my class. It was still worth it.

It takes time and some money to be competitive out there, unlees your in a class by yourself. I've been autocrossing off and on for over 5 years and am just now becoming more competitive.

Seat time will make you faster because even a fast car can be slow with the wrong driver.

I'll never be competitive in my class but that's ok. I've been wanting to auto-x for years but something has always stood in the way. The stank-ass Z will be there as much as possible.

That's good to hear. Leave the car the way it is and learn to drive first, then get something more capable and do a few mods to address the weak areas.

Guest TRDtuner
June 11th at Cooper Stadium.

Shweeet! Thanks!

Ha and i like how im "RiceBoy" now.....Ill have to figure out how to change that sometime and fix it...Shes notta riceboy!!

how bout you buy a car thats worthy of autox ;):p

Cool points for ppl who bring whatever the hell they feel like driving out! Including POS Oldsmobiles!

I am last place in CS currently, but I'm still having a blast.

Cool points for ppl who bring whatever the hell they feel like driving out! Including POS Oldsmobiles!

I am last place in CS currently, but I'm still having a blast.

lol Joe is my friend from school, he was just fucking with me

mid pack in STS, sideways on poopy tires. Great time, will be back. :) 43.001, that .001 mocks me.

I didn't realize that was you out there, I had noticed the car. Not too many people autocross those. It's fun no matter what car you do it in.

Yeah, you're in a class that allows R comps and your on cheap street tires, hard to compete with that. I was working while you raced and you looked alright out there, but it's hard to say because the limits of your car are still low, but you did have a smile on your face which is all that matters!!

What the hell happened to that BMW? My buddy and I were standing there going "WTF?????".

It was a good day though, I left when it started to rain.

Edit: Oh and my buddy who you always see me crew for said that he was going to let me Autocross his Fiero, so I may be competeing before the end of the year :)

The bmw snapped a ball joint!! Sux but he was okay and the car was fine other than the ball joint and maybe a flat spot on the tire.

Why did you leave? It only sprinkled and then dried up in 10 mins!!

As for the Fiero....well....either fire or lift-throttle oversteer FTW!! But it's seat time at least.

It only sprinkled enough to dampen the pavement, then 1o mins later the sun came out and dried it all out.

I thought the rain was going to help me again but it dried out too fast. I got lucky and won my class still because the crx who had better times hit a cone on one run and had a dnf on his last one. I need to drop another 100+ lbs and a few more hp to be more competitive with him.

Yeah, you're in a class that allows R comps and your on cheap street tires, hard to compete with that. I was working while you raced and you looked alright out there, but it's hard to say because the limits of your car are still low, but you did have a smile on your face which is all that matters!!

Hell yeah I had a smile on my face. How could someone not?

Most people tell you to not mod the car when you first start off, I'm going to have to otherwise I'll never learn anything with that pos.

Some people can pick up on the changes to the car and almost immediately be faster. some can't. Then there are cars with limits that are so low anyone can drive it over it's limit. Get some Falken Azenis for now and learn to get smooth, then start addressing the weak areas of the car.

i had a good time the days are so long though....mansfields autocross this past sunday was a drag..... 80% slolom and extremly slow slolom at that....talking 10 mph or lower... way too tight for my Booger.

seat time is the only reason i went, i needed the practice...