Does this piss you off???

redbarron77

Is that the REAL reason, or just the story they're giving the media? I think we can judge them a little in this case. Why set yourself up for that risk?

I think this may be one of those "You can take a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, or you could teach the man how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime"-situations. I think many lower income family would end up right back where they were without some intelligence and financial counseling. (Which I think the article suggested each family receive - though it didn't sound like it was mandatory)

I think this pretty much sums it up............

"It's aggravating. It just makes you mad. You do that much work, and they just squander it," Lake City Mayor Willie Oswalt, who helped vault a massive beam into place in the Harper's living room, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

I know I'll probably go to hell or piss off karma for saying this......But I got tired of that show & all it's sob stories a long time ago. It was an awesome show to begin with.....But they desensitized me with their weekly exercise of becoming a bigger tear jerker than the previous episode for the sake of exploiting the ratings & advertisers

Plus......I have a low tolerance, and can only stomach so much, fake, over the top, blow sunshine up your ass, we'll beat the world & all odds, giddiness & enthusiasm :rolleyes:

I know I'll probably go to hell or piss off karma for saying this......But I got tired of that show & all it's sob stories a long time ago. It was an awesome show to begin with.....But they desensitized me with their weekly exercise of becoming a bigger tear jerker than the previous episode for the sake of exploiting the ratings & advertisers

I agree. It was like they were trying to top themselves from the previous episode...."We're on the lookout for someone whose life sucks even more than the last poor schmuck we helped out....so lets find a quadriplegic couple who have been beaten and robbed, with their house burned down and they had to suffer out the winter in the elements!"

The show had potential to do good, but, No good deed goes unpunished!