New intro to CR

Chad is Dead

Huh, didn't know it got changed. The pic is certainly cool. However, when I saw it, I also thought:

1) Why feature a 670 sign and not a 270 sign? Isn't 270 more representative of Columbus than 670, at least as far as signage goes?

2) Perhaps more importantly, the pic doesn't show the skyline. Instead, it features those two buildings (are those office buildings?) to the left, which, in my estimation, would give someone not familiar to CLB that those buildings are, in fact, the skyline. See where I'm going with this? If you are going to have an intro page, and you are using it to feature the city, then feature the city - don't open the door for misperception to creep in.

Of course, I'm probably way too analytical and way too involved. With all that aside, I like the pic. Even more so, I like the introductory stuff, like where it shows pics of the admins and lists the rules. Nice touch there, for sure.

Sorry, I realize this is all very unsolicited advice. However, I couldn't help myself.

BTW, I realize that it may not be feasible to get a pic that features both a 270 sign and the skyline. However, if I wanted the skyline in the pic, then I would probably find a sign that says "Downtown Columbus" and try to get the skyline in the background.

Maybe all of you are invisible. Like, you know, that's a criteria to be a mod - you need to be invisible.

Applicant: "I'd like to be a CR mod."

CR: "Are you invisible?"

Applicant: "Can you see me?"

CR: "Yes."

Applicant: "Oh. I guess not then."

CR: "You lose."

Guest FooFooMaru
I like the first page. i dont like having to click like 2 more links to get to the forums. just a pet peeve of mine thats on another forum i frequent

Indeed.

2) Perhaps more importantly, the pic doesn't show the skyline. Instead, it features those two buildings (are those office buildings?)

I am pretty sure those are low income housing apartments...at least they used to be...

Huh, didn't know it got changed. The pic is certainly cool. However, when I saw it, I also thought:

1) Why feature a 670 sign and not a 270 sign? Isn't 270 more representative of Columbus than 670, at least as far as signage goes?

2) Perhaps more importantly, the pic doesn't show the skyline. Instead, it features those two buildings (are those office buildings?) to the left, which, in my estimation, would give someone not familiar to CLB that those buildings are, in fact, the skyline. See where I'm going with this? If you are going to have an intro page, and you are using it to feature the city, then feature the city - don't open the door for misperception to creep in.

Of course, I'm probably way too analytical and way too involved. With all that aside, I like the pic. Even more so, I like the introductory stuff, like where it shows pics of the admins and lists the rules. Nice touch there, for sure.

Sorry, I realize this is all very unsolicited advice. However, I couldn't help myself.

I agree, it seems kinda plain still. It's an improvement though.

Hmm... didnt know it changed, I just have the forums bookmarked to save time. Also, I agree with the too many clicks to the forum statement. I am here to read the forum, not to jump through hoops to get there. Also I think the new opening could use some color. White and Grey doesnt exactly pump me up to read the forums.

Other than that the new intro page is good.

Oh and +1 for 270, 670 hardly represents Columbus.

Actually, I hate it. I hate the way it looks, feels, navigates, and loads. I think Tilley's idea of the downtown skyscrape is a great idea. Whoever designed that piece of crap should be shot.

Okay with that said, I made it. I took about fifteen minutes and threw it together in iWeb. It was my first experience with iWeb, and I've got mixed feelings for it. I also did the cscc car show page with it (http://www.columbusracing.com/carshow). I'm not too happy with it, so I started my own from scratch today with DreamWeaver. I should have it up, in at least the beta phase, by tomorrow night. Keep the opinions and ideas coming. I'm just playing with ideas right now and trying to piece something together. The forums are boring. We need more stuff.

What I have so far: In DreamWeaver, I've made the following pages in the following outline:

Home > a different picture of someone from cr racing each week or so, with a brief story. this will change and be archieved

Admins > a page for each admin

Mods > a page for each mod

Events > a php/mysql calendar, editable by anyone

Rules > obviously...

Editorials > a blog of sorts, which anyone who volunteers can write articles for

Forums > a direct link to the forums, the click here, then click here again thing was pissing me off too

I've been planning this out in my head for over a year now, and have come up with some really cool shit. Most of it is done in php as the front, and mysql as the database. No, I'm not using a content management program like mambo, wordpress, etc. I'm doing this all from scratch. Everything I do is being tracked, and will shortly be a project on sourceforge.net. Opensource is the key to the future of software and application development. Amen.

+1

here is a skyline pic I took from childrens hospital parking garage, was going to mess around with it and try a couple different things but haven't had time.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/100_0230.jpg