This should happen more often.

Akula

From CNN this A.M.

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- A former Marine cook used a pocketknife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, was walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said. One attacker had a shotgun, and another had a pistol.

"My first instinct was to run, but they cornered me, so I had no other choice than to defend myself," Autry said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car, but police found them later at a hospital, where the girl was pronounced dead. The stabbed man was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and assault charges and are suspected in other recent robberies, Stephens said.

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.

Autry said he was honorably discharged in 1992 after serving for four years. The Department of Defense confirmed his service.

That is the reason I put the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on my 40ROLL plate. If I get pulled over I'll need all the help I can get. Only run in I have had is a shirf followed me for 30 minutes and a Perry township cop tailgated the fuck out of me, then flipped me off when he passed me.

Nice post. I love reading stuff like that. Don't piss off Marines. There is a certain point where we just don't care. Not saying it's right or wrong. That's just what it is.

We should also take note that he was a cook. Not Recon, not even infantry or an MP. You pissed off the cook.

Of the 4, which spends more time with a knife? ;)

Sure the cook uses a knife more often. The other MOS's are shown fighting techniques and how to hold a knife. Most people who try to use a knife in a fight end up cutting themselves.

As for joining to get out of tickets; I absolutely want to get out of the ticket. I have served my country and continue too, I appreciate your understanding Officer. If I'm excessive in my violation, then that is the price I pay.

Great story, knife too a gun fight is perfect.

I'm sure the critical guy will try to sue. :rolleyes: We can only hope his ass dies in the hospital, and his family and the bitch's family don't try to sue the poor guy.

The attackers got EXACTLY what they deserved. I have no issues w/ them killing off the remaining attackers either.

Sure the cook uses a knife more often. The other MOS's are shown fighting techniques and how to hold a knife. Most people who try to use a knife in a fight end up cutting themselves.

I haven't, and I've never taken a class. :) Why? I've "played" with knives my whole life. ;) Beleive me, having it in your hands every day teaches you everything you need to know about using it. How to hold it comes naturaly with holding it. A cook does alot of cuts, requiring many different holds. all one has to do is put the two together, I wanna cut this guy in this way, 1+1 = slit. Add to that a potentialy unstable Jarhead psycie that may or may not have dreamed of that moment his entire professional life, he gunna kill Jodie damnit, gunna kill'm good. That being said, stabbing some one who jumps you is so easy a blind one-armed monkey with downsindrome could do it. Offing the shotgun was rather impressive though, he's got kajones. ;)

Um, don't mess with the Marines ever. That was the lesson of today's story.

Ehh...Marines are'nt all bad ass's. Some pick off more then they can chew, I've seen it. I love the little marines that are 5'8" 140 who think they can conquer the world...Shit cracks me up. Albeit i still have a lot of respect for the marines.