holy fuck, tubing gets this guy high!

Bam

So I read what everyone wrote and then watched. On the 1st one, I was like man there's nothing happening. Then that dude caught air and got flung like a rag doll. I mean the guy got sent out of view of the camera. LOL That's nuts. I got next.

that would be a blast to watch. But it looks extremely painful. also doing a google search lead me to this article

http://www.kfdm1.com/engine.pl?station=kfdm&id=14598&template=breakoutlocal.html

i think lustalbert was right, buy'em quick while they are still on the market.

I rode one yesterday and I think it will be pulled from shelves soon. The speed it takes to get you up varies depending on the riders weight. I'm ~140 lbs and it didn't take much at all. Another guy is around 200 and it took more throttle to get him sustained air time.

I was able to stay 4-6 feet above the water for a very extended period of time. At that point I would shift my weight to try and hold that altitude. Sadly we had some cross winds and while airbore the raft got extremely squarrily. I held on the first and second times it came down badly. The third time I was fucked. The raft was flapping around and i touched down on the side, raft caught air for another second, rolled over, and hit the water upside down (peeling me off at ~30mph). I knew it was coming so I held my breath as I was coming down, but I hit head first, then skipped a couple times. The rest of the day it felt like someone punched me in the back of the head and my neck still hurts. It also helped that my friend towing the boat had watched (and follows) the video that came with the raft and knew what to do with the boat to help me regain control and set down safely. When you cut throttle it sets down immediatly. However, the wind took me so fast there was little time to react.

Earlier in the week the drivers g/f got it up 20ft on a calm day.

Tubing is fun! Me and a friend were up to some pretty wicked speeds. Fast enough to where it'd hurt like hell if you fell off. Either way, make sure you wear a life jacket.

...and a neck brace. :eek:

Looks like fun to me! How many things that are fun that you risk your ass doing anyway?! I'm already watching a couple on Ebay.

...and a neck brace. :eek:

Looks like fun to me! How many things that are fun that you risk your ass doing anyway?! I'm already watching a couple on Ebay.

Yeah, I think a neck brace and a helmet are a good idea if you are worried about safety. It's been 2 days and my neck still hurts if I turn to the left.

just thought i would share the news, yesterday sam andrew and i went to alumn creek. sam pulled me at 55mph on a large 3 person tube and i was launched a number of feet out of the water and the top of the tube was at least 15 ft out of the water. no its not the same tube but it was still fun. its a shame the water was so calm every little wave would send me up, if only the water would have been chappy.