?'s about changing spark plugs on gm 3100 v6

CJINOHIO03

I know to get to the back plugs you have to remove the mounts and rotate the engine forward. My questions do I need anything special to do this or to get it back into place? I have read some where you need a chain and/or a ratchet strap to hold it in place and to get it back. Is that true? Anyway what do I need to do this. Thanks CJ

Guest Removed
some you have to pull forward, some you dont. if it doesnt have the dog bone type mounts, there is no need to pull ity forward! you really dont need the tool, the tool just makes it easyer... easy way is to leave it in park, and remove the dog bones. then roll the car forward and install 2x4 block of wood in behind the alternator. and tire! i have the tool if you would like to use it!

• 3 weeks later...
On these malibu is they any tricks to get to the rear plugs? Do you take off the coil packs etc? I have a manaual and it doesnt say anything about that or tilting the motor etc. It doesnt have the dog bone mounts btw. Thanks CJ