Ya know that AOL cancel deal thing on the net?

Buck531

Well, I call up Citi-Card to lower my interest rate. He does so (which is cool... finally). But then he tries to sell me this credit protection shit. I butt in half way and say "nope, don't need it".

"But Shawn, it's free for the first 30 days."

"dude, I don't want/need it.".

"Shawn, since you called about lowering your interest rate, I"m sure you want to save some money on future purchase (or some other shit, I couldn't hardly understand his talking)."

"DUDE! I DO NOT WANT IT."

"Thank you Shawn for calling Citi-Cards today and inquiring about your interest rate." Then the fucker hung up.

What a douche bag.

And what does this ahve to do with AOL? :confused:

It's bullshit phone sales, that's what. You call for something simple and some fucker has to crap in your ear for 20 minutes about shit you don't want. I had AOL way back, I had to go through that shit. You just want to punch the guy in the neck and watch him choke. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. It's always some industry that will tap you for cash a little here and there.

Glad you got your rate down though Shawn.

Well, I call up Citi-Card to lower my interest rate. He does so (which is cool... finally). But then he tries to sell me this credit protection shit. I butt in half way and say "nope, don't need it".

"But Shawn, it's free for the first 30 days."

"dude, I don't want/need it.".

"Shawn, since you called about lowering your interest rate, I"m sure you want to save some money on future purchase (or some other shit, I couldn't hardly understand his talking)."

"DUDE! I DO NOT WANT IT."

"Thank you Shawn for calling Citi-Cards today and inquiring about your interest rate." Then the fucker hung up.

What a douche bag.

chase got me with that shit. I called inquiring about them posting my payment to my account LATE every month, and charging me late fees. She asks if I want some free information on a credit monitering service. I say sure whatever. Nothing ever comes in in the mail, 2 months later, I get a charge on my bill for it.

I called them and the first bitch who could barely speak engrish told me i had to get the account number and phone number for the monitering service off of my bill. Bullshit bitch. So I hang up and call back and get this really nice girl who transfers me right over to the service. The dude cancelled it right away and told me I would see the credit on my next statement. Apparently they had been having problems with the Chase CSR's not realizing they were signing people up for it rather than sending them free info

Yep. Luckily I work at Chase. If they pull that shit on me when I call I just say "listen fucker.. do you want your computer to work tomorrow? if so, then leave me alone. " :).

I support the floor that does the debit card fraud deal. Along with check fraud. You hear some CRAZY ass stories about check/debit fraud too.

Yep. Luckily I work at Chase. If they pull that shit on me when I call I just say "listen fucker.. do you want your computer to work tomorrow? if so, then leave me alone. " :).

I support the floor that does the debit card fraud deal. Along with check fraud. You hear some CRAZY ass stories about check/debit fraud too.

Chase won't lower my rate because they said I was late on 1 payment in 4 years, but the payment was debited from my account on the day it was due, but they didn't post it till 3 days later. Late my ass. I am trying to find a balance transfer card now and cancel my shitty Chase card

You support my floor? craziness.

McCoy building' date=' we do alot of Fraudulent check items though hence why i thought you 'supported' us.[/quote']

Ah.. I'm on the floors that the people actually call out to the people asking to verify if they made that purchase or what not.

Well, I call up Citi-Card to lower my interest rate. He does so (which is cool... finally).

"Thank you Shawn for calling Citi-Cards today and inquiring about your interest rate."

The funniest part is that you will NOT get the lower interest rate now. Per his final statement, you only inquired about the lower rate, nothing actually will get changed. And of course, that's a call that they will conviently not have recorded.

So, remember to RECORD ALL conversations with the bank. Tell they it's being recorded so you can use it against them. Otherwise, you will just get what we have here, a failure to communicate. You did not understand that you hwere being told the only way that your rate was going to be changed was to buy their service. Failure to communicate.