So who got burnt today at NTR 7-16-06?

ChevyMan1972

Guest 4dooralero
Yeah my face got burnt I ran a 15.8 in the Alero Slow but first time ive been on a track im mostly Show but dropped down to a 16.8 so i did decent

I got called into work right before we were going to leave.

My roomate qualified his Vette but lost after his bye-round. Still made a profit racing. Due to the other car in our group that had an unfortunate failure, they couldn't stay and watch the final import vs. domestic race...who won it? I heard the domestic showing was pretty pathetic. :(

Guest 4dooralero
Hey Balian it was my first time ever racing on a track it was hot as hell i think on a cooler day i can get low 15s high 14s im kinda hooked know and you beleive i am 28 years old hahaha

The event overall was pretty sweet, with the so-so turnout you guys speak of I wonder if people just know what to expect after years of Night of Thunder, and that the track isn't worth trying to race on the day after? :)

Was anyone else severely dissappointed with the traction?

I also haven't seen this much variance in 60 foot times since I started racing in the mid nineties with my 5-speed and Mickey Thompson S/S tires.

Left 1.942

Left 1.712

Right 1.823

Left 1.707

Right 1.894

Left 1.783

Left 1.777

Right 1.861

Right 1.935

Right 1.806

Right 1.795

Maybe they'll drag the rubber behind the tractor this week and revive the surface.

I also didn't look close enough at the rules posting to see that only the winner in brackets got paid, what a dissappointment..

I was lucky not to get burnt to badly. Sheps run was sick, he was all over the track and i'm surprised he even went out for a second pass. One the first run he lost traction really bad in 3rd gear and got squirrely. I heard that Corey was having problems with traction and spun all the way down the track, i wanna say his best was in the mid 10 sec range today. This is nothing new, the track is typically shit after the night of thunder.

Again, who won the domestic vs. import BS. Had my buddy not broke, he would have easily won (by a HUGE margin). Wasn't such a big deal since the field wasn't full so payouts were only 1/2. But Nick took advantage of that, and won the bike class, since he was the only one that ran (and made some nice money in the process)!

From what I heard, there were a bunch of domestics that could have ran in the quick 16 class but didn't. My roomate was very disappointed in that, as if all the 12-13 second domestic that were running around had participated, he would have qualified against them and ran through a couple rounds, profiting even more than he did. I heard the majority of the imports were your 15+ second wonders, but that doesn't really surprise me at an event like that.

Yes, yours truly won the ET bracket class in the motorcycle division. Only entrant and still got a $100 payout. All someone had to do is enter and would have got an easy $50, or $100 had they beat me.

Not sure if it was worth wearing leathers for it or not in the 28736587436.5 degree heat.

Guest Whine
Yes, yours truly won the ET bracket class in the motorcycle division. Only entrant and still got a $100 payout. All someone had to do is enter and would have got an easy $50, or $100 had they beat me.

Not sure if it was worth wearing leathers for it or not in the 28736587436.5 degree heat.

props for the win!!!