putting stacks on f-150, what muffler to use?

Habitual Sinner

The Dynomax "Truck Staxx" are 4" diameter and might be a bit of a chore to adapt to a significantly smaller pipe. If you're starting with a 3" dia. single pipe, you could probably use a 3''-4'' adapter and then Dynomax's 4" splitter. It's an expensive, but good quality kit at least (I am not personally a fan of stacks either). Probably worth it if it's in the budget. I have seen people put together something custom alot cheaper though. I would think that with some basic Super Turbos or something it wouldn't sound that bad. I would just stay away from anything resembling a glasspack unless it's the only thing you can make fit.

Guest 78novaman
I can't really help you a whole lot other than don't get cherry bombs, glass packs or any other really cheap loud raspy muffler. My dad bought a 1990 Dodge Ram150 4x4 with the 5.9L(360ci) engine. The previous owner put stacks on it w/glasspacks. It was horrible sounding. Sounds really hollow with those huge stacks. The exhaust changed to some nice 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust straight out the back with turbo mufflers within 2 days :D