Bad Day! Bye Bye FD.....

Rotarded1647545491

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a close friend who passed in his sleep the previous Sunday. I left Plain City, the site of the service, at 7:30pm, arriving home at 8:00pm.I immediately prepped the FD for a tuning session an awaited Tony’s call.

At 9:15pm Tony called, and I left the house. Pulling out of the housing development, I prepared to turn left from Galloway Road onto eastbound West Broad Street. I suddenly hear screeching tires and see a red Plymouth skidding around the corner and end up in my lane (the left turn lane), coming right at me. He hit me head on.

Fortunately a Franklin County Sherriff was in the intersection and witnessed the accident. He immediately pulled the driver from the vehicle, cuffed, and stuffed him. Just then, another driver pulls over and says that the Plymouth had hit another car down the street, by the Hospital, and had fled.

The driver was Hispanic, gave 3 different names to the sheriff, and was un-licensed and uninsured. CPD arrived and took jurisdiction. In chatting with the sheriff, he stated that the driver has a “skirmish” at a bar on W. Broad and brandished a Machete. He fled the bar, and subsequently caused 2 accidents, including mine.

CPD impounds the car and tells me to call to get mine towed. Meanwhile the driver has now pissed himself in the CPD car.

Almost 2 hours, and 4 phone calls later my tow truck arrives. CPD is already gone. As the tow driver is hooking my vehicle, a woman in a grey cavalier slides around the left side of the tow truck, IN THE GRASS, and skids directly at me. I do a heisman pose as I climb her bumper and onto her hood. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you”. It was a fucking flatbed tow truck with flashing yellow lights and his high beams on!

Needless to say, my FD is fucked. I’ll post pics sometime this weekend.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike your 7 was the nicest I have ever seen, im truly sorry to hear that and I hope this doesnt stop you from building another car. Also I hope everything works out in your favor. It sucks ass too that the asshole didnt have insurance. It always happens that way to nice cars and people

The FD3S is one of those cars that no matter what you do, it is pretty much impossible to make it look rice. I wish I could say I feel your pain, but only being a fan of the car and not an owner I cant.

I am sorry for your loss man.

Man, that sucks. Hope you have your insurance paid up, as I guarantee you'll never see a dime out of the hispanic guy that hit you.

Buddy of mine down in FL had a Mexican broad hit his Camaro. No insurance or license, imagine that, and in the end he got screwed while she basically got a slap on the wrist.

Man, that sucks. Hope you have your insurance paid up, as I guarantee you'll never see a dime out of the hispanic guy that hit you.

Buddy of mine down in FL had a Mexican broad hit his Camaro. No insurance or license, imagine that, and in the end he got screwed while she basically got a slap on the wrist.

Florida is a no fault State...

So when do you want to tune? Next weekend? That enough time to build it back up again? Oh, you'll have to wait for the insurance adjustor. So probably rebuilt from the ground up by Friday I am guessing?

Get busy.

So when do you want to tune? Next weekend? That enough time to build it back up again? Oh, you'll have to wait for the insurance adjustor. So probably rebuilt from the ground up by Friday I am guessing?

Get busy.

You act like you won't be helping or something. :p

Mike, I can only imagine how much this sucks. But lets get that thing, or something else, back together for you asap. You said your September sucks, so that means we have this month right? Like I told you, don't hesitate to let me know if you need ANYTHING.