Progress report, more speeding ticket drama

Science Abuse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had an accident and franklin co sheriff, no one showed, ticket was thrown out, no ins hike.

im sure no points speeding tickets will count...when i got a ticket in dec/jan of this year, and was looking at some things online, it said that things like a speeding ticket 5 under in a 45mph or less (i think) zone there was no fine

i pleaded that ticket down to equipments violation, and when i was shopping for insurance last couple weeks, they all saw it as such, not even speeding

Ben, you are incorrect. You got lucky, as Franklin County will automatically allot one continuance to a case on behalf of the reporting officer. If they don't show, the case gets continued by the county on their behalf and against your will, unless you plead then and accept it. Otherwise, you come back. If they don't show a second time, and it reaches the end of the cycle, then they dismiss it, although they try to pressure you first into pleading before throwing in the towel.

This is exactly what happened to me a few months ago. All i did was show up, trooper wasn't there so the prosecuting attorney offered a deal, "state speed, no points 50$ fine" I said no I'd like to take my chances. Got up to the bench explained my argument, the judge pretty much so no way was he going to let me go with nothing and he would postpone proceedings until the officer could show up. I saw i was getting effed so i took the prosecuter's deal. Ended up paying 120$ with court costs (paying the ticket would've been 180$) and no points. In my record it shows as 4mph over 65. That will look better than the ALLEGED 79 I was doing I suppose.