Tech-in info: Feel free to add your $.02

MrMeanGreen

I've not this before, and can honestly use people's input. Here's a rough guesstimate of what we're looking for during tech-in.

If your vehicle leaks AT ALL, you're not racing. Period. I'm not talking your AC condensor leaving water spots, just turn it off. But coolant, major oil leaks, fluids, etc, will all be cause for you not to race. We're not waiting for Norwalk to clean up other people's messes because they cannot take care of their vehicles.

Cars/trucks

Most NHRA/IHRA requirements need to be followed to a point. In the case of conflicting regulations, the more lenient of the two will prevail.

I've run without a cage for years now, so there's an example. But no shorts, sleeveless shirts, leaking cars, convertible tops down, t-tops off, etc. Obviously common sense needs applied.

Tech-in is our responsibility, so it's in our hands. However, we will have all racers sign a waiver freeing CR and Norwalk of all liabilities.

Bikes

Full riding gear is a MUST! Armored jacket, helmet, gloves, boots are a minimum. Jeans are ok, although not recommended. Preferably riding leathers all-around. But they're your knees.

I can tech cars, and help others tech them, but 60 can go fast as long as no one brings total crap with them( you never know).SFI Stuff is no real biggy( cage rules, etc) unless some of us break the 9.99 zone, but if your car runs that fast then you should know the rules!!!

I talking safety asspect of it, but not being a total prick about it. Unless you brung some junk...then you may not be racing!!!! IMO

What do you do if your car doesn't have, or never was built with a top? It's got a roll bar, but no sort of top whatsoever, can I still race it?

you mean like a door slammer rodster :confused: all out drag car... then if the cage is certed, etc.. it will be a easy tech, if no certs... you maybe in tech for a minute...

you mean like a door slammer rodster :confused: all out drag car... then if the cage is certed, etc.. it will be a easy tech, if no certs... you maybe in tech for a minute...

No, it is a roadster, but not an all out drag car, its just a cruiser. It's a Shelby Kit car w/ a foxbody drivetrain. Hmm, I don't want to pay/drive 2 hours and not be able to run.

4.5 ROLL BAR

Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 (*7.00) to 11.99 (*7.49) and in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to 13.99 (*8.59), and in dune-buggy type vehicles running 12.00 (*7.50) seconds and slower. Permitted in all cars. See General Regulations 4.10, 10.6.

If it has a roll bar, Matt, you can race it if it's slower than 11.00 ET.

My .02 for this event

Cars - no sandles, wear long pants, no tank tops, helmets on 13's and faster, no bald-ass tires(street), no leaks, no nitrous laying on back seat.

I think cages, driveshaft loops, 5 point harnesses, etc are great, but won't be closely inforced.

I think people will use common sense and have a great time.

I think Vince and Nick summed it up in a nutshell covering both types of vehicles.

However, I will personally enforce the nitrous regulations seeing as I ran it and can see firsthand (not me, a friend in Jacksonville) what happens with no blowdown tube present.

If you choose not to run a FPSS, WOT switch, or RPM window/trigger switch, it's your engine. But if you run the bottle anywhere inside the vehicle that has access to the driver, you MUST run the blowdown tube and burst seal on the valve. No exceptions.

4.5 ROLL BAR

Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 (*7.00) to 11.99 (*7.49) and in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to 13.99 (*8.59), and in dune-buggy type vehicles running 12.00 (*7.50) seconds and slower. Permitted in all cars. See General Regulations 4.10, 10.6.

So verts under 13.99 with no cage wont be able to run? :confused:

4.5 ROLL BAR

So verts under 13.99 with no cage wont be able to run? :confused:

Hmm, not sure how they classify the difference between a cage and roll bar. My car just has a u-shaped bar behind the driver's seat, which I considered a roll bar, but a full out cage is definitely different. I KNOW this thing isn't 11's, shit I doubt it'll go 12's this season. Never know though.

How many people are trailering their cars and is it an extra charge? I know NT charges differently...

NHRA rules...11.50 and slower no cage! 11.49 to 10.00 min 6 point(passenger door bar not required) this is why i have too back pedal it at trails.. 4.5 rule is that Ihra?

Guest Incognegro21

For bikes:

Pretty much all the bikes listed are going to trap 130+ mine no different... my question is this... I don't have leather riding jeans but I do have a leather jacket... Will my leather jacket and jeans be acceptable? And if regular jeans are not acceptable what about like Teknic riding jeans (armored in the knee and seat area)?