RedRocket1647545505

Best ET: 12.501 @ 114.98mph

Best MPH: 12.561 @ 115.70

Best 60': 2.041

Total runs: 12

Runs where I didn't fuck something up (was in it to win it): 8

Average ET of Best 8 runs: 12.645

Average MPH of Best 8 runs: 114.38

I was really hoping for a 12.2 sec. slip. That didn't happen, :( . I personally couldn't hook for shit at the track. I really thought I could get consistant 1.9's with a couple 1.8's at Norwalk. I've cut a 1.9 at Trails, so I figured Norwalk would be cake. I was wrong. Either way, I had a blast, and set a new personal best, both ET and MPH.

Post up your times!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best ET: 12.06 @ 116.87

Best MPH: 12.40 @ 117.21

Best 60': 1.864

My goal was a 11.9. I am not sure what is with my car. When it gets hot, it gets harder to shift into gear so I have to granny shift it. I had problems with traction off the line. Better luck next time.

My goal was a 11.9. I am not sure what is with my car. When it gets hot, it gets harder to shift into gear so I have to granny shift it. I had problems with traction off the line. Better luck next time.

put a amsoil or a royal purple in it and the problems will most likely go away

First off, I'd like to thank all the people from CR who put the event together and especially the people who worked the staging lanes and tree.

My best pass was 10.91 at 139.0MPH. This was on my last pass where I bogged my launch badly but it still ended up being my best ET. I had many problems all day (including a punctured slick) but we managed through it. By the time we got the tire fixed and delt with a few other issues, I didn't have much time to actually start tuning the car. I was picking up 2-3MPH each pass as I was getting things dialed in. I ran out of time right at the end but I was really happy with the 139MPH trap considering the car has 4-5PSI more boost left in it. There's tons of ET left once I get some actual seat time. This was probably twice as much seat time as I've had in the car the past 2 years. It's been a frustrating 2 years of troubleshooting but maybe now I can finally concentrate on driving the car.

First off, I'd like to thank all the people from CR who put the event together and especially the people who worked the staging lanes and tree.

My best pass was 10.91 at 139.0MPH. This was on my last pass where I bogged my launch badly but it still ended up being my best ET. I had many problems all day (including a punctured slick) but we managed through it. By the time we got the tire fixed and delt with a few other issues, I didn't have much time to actually start tuning the car. I was picking up 2-3MPH each pass as I was getting things dialed in. I ran out of time right at the end but I was really happy with the 139MPH trap considering the car has 4-5PSI more boost left in it. There's tons of ET left once I get some actual seat time. This was probably twice as much seat time as I've had in the car the past 2 years. It's been a frustrating 2 years of troubleshooting but maybe now I can finally concentrate on driving the car.

I'm guessing the white 2g was yours? Nice car man. I ran you once. I got to the end of the quarter and you were just pulling even with me. I said to myself (having at that point seen you run 122mph), "I got him!!!" Then I looked at my time slip and saw I ran a 12.whatever to your 11.7. You sat on the line for damn near 2 seconds before taking off. Had my hopes up! :p

Also, someone said you oiled down the track on your last pass. What was that all about?

Also, someone said you oiled down the track on your last pass. What was that all about?

I'm not sure what happened yet. I lost some tranny fluid and there was some puddling on the top of the case. The tranny shifts fine though and makes no noises. My immediate reaction is that I tore a tranny seal where the passenger side axle goes into the tranny and it starting spitting out fluid. I don't think it was anything major. Usually when DSM trannys fail, it is quite the audible, devastating effect with much carnage :D

I'm not sure what happened yet. I lost some tranny fluid and there was some puddling on the top of the case. The tranny shifts fine though and makes no noises. My immediate reaction is that I tore a tranny seal where the passenger side axle goes into the tranny and it starting spitting out fluid. I don't think it was anything major. Usually when DSM trannys fail, it is quite the audible, devastating effect with much carnage :D

I didn't have any strange noises, or ill driving manners when the pin from my front diff cracked the case on the wwd.

12.1@112.23mph best et - Rob lasota ran this time and is the greatest driver ever

12.3@113.52mhp best mph - I ran this MPH cause i'm better than rob at holding the gas pedal down!

Thanks to everyone that helped in making this happen. it was a great time.

Thanks to CR for the show, thanks Nick for the Skinny's and thank the LORD my pistons are not laying on the track!

My best ET was 12.16 @ 83mph with a 1.6 60'

I'm not sure what is up with the car, but I kept breaking up in 3rd and had to pedal half track on. This is the reason for the low mph. I think the fuel pressure was dropping off.

I'm actually happy with the day, considering my motor should be in pieces and it seems to be ok. Also knowing once I get my megasquirt done (running a factory tune right now) the car should go 10's easy.

OH, almost forgot! My last pass I had a nitrous backfire and it blew up my K&N. Pretty freaky. This was a first for me.

Till next year...

I'm sure a lot of people were wondering about my turd. :)

Best time was 13.03 @ 104 with a 1.89 60'.

I have a lot of video (thanks mr. Jones).. I'll be getting it up when I find a fast server to host it on.

And yes.. Thanks to everyone for making this happen (and the angry jew as well).. :).

Yes, Norwalk on a bad day is better than Trails. The first 330 was sprayed, unless Anthony paid for more.

My times-102 minutes of phone conversation with Mikey L, Linn, Tilley, Jamie, and others while sitting in the office.-

Mike C-congrats on the 10! Its a long time coming. Must have been a great relief to finally cross that barrier.