Need your Suspension set?

yotaman88210

Updated 9/14/07

The suspension genius is in town tonight and tomorrow(gahanna area) He charges the standard $50 but he takes his time and does a really really good job. He will be very honest with you too, he is not the type of person who is gonna try to sell you something just so he can make money. This is the guy I had do my motor work. He is actually opening Ducati of Indianapolis, but is in columbus a few times a month.

If anyone wants to get set up tonight or tomorrow, give me a call and I will tell ya where to go. I will prolly be over there anyway.

Kevin 614-746-3156

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yota do you think my lil piggy could benifit fromm him doing mine up.let me know.and like what does he do.does he just adjust everything.let me know man and hows the duc.youre homeboy assssian stop riding his.figured he would adandon the duck.fuck face lol

Most people say it really makes a difference to have the suspension set for your weight. I could feel a good difference when he did mine. If you like riding it hard, especially in the turns then I would say do it. He will adjust the rear and front to your weight.

We are picking the asian's duc up tonight. It was in indianapolis with this guy. He just brought it back.

He did a great job on our bikes tonight. It'll take a few days to get used to riding it setup the way is should be, but I'm excited.. Was fun hanging out. Jason is gonna have to start riding backwards now since you flipped his front wheel. Overall, I would say that anyone who has not had their suspension setup should spend the money and get it done.

hell yeah this is the guy that took my bike to Indy and brought it back. He raised the GSXR back to stock hight and its bad ass now. And thanks to Clutch I like the back wheel on the highway. :dunno: But I would not own a bike that doesnt have the supsension set up on it they handle soo much better.

Getrdone its worth it.

Wasn't able to make it this time. Please let us know next time he's in town because I'd really like to have it done.

Yota - we should get together a suspension tuning day, maybe have this guy in town.

Either that or we can all get together and set sag on everyone's bikes. Most of us are heavier than the bike is setup for.

Wasn't able to make it this time. Please let us know next time he's in town because I'd really like to have it done.

Yota - we should get together a suspension tuning day, maybe have this guy in town.

Either that or we can all get together and set sag on everyone's bikes. Most of us are heavier than the bike is setup for.

but ditto on the entire shebang

Most of us are heavier than the bike is setup for.

Especially if you ride a CBR and are over 160 lbs. CBRs from the factory seem to be set up for about a 120ish pound rider.

The ZX-14 is claimed to be setup for a 150 lb rider. Mine sure doesn't seem to be - it wants to run wide on corners, making me think it needs more preload on the back.

Let's at least get a 'sag setting day' together - it takes 3 people to set sag on a bike - rebound and compression can be dialed in by the owner after the sag is set.

Maybe during the Ohioriders 1 year anniversary?

Yea, we could set something up. i can do most of the stuff, I am just not as fast or as expeirenced as Matt. Everyone and anyone who wants to get setup, let me know and we will plan a day. I will have him come up and we will just have people come over in 20-30 intervals haha. I need to see how many people are interested.

i dunno about setting everything up, but i just want my front end to be stiffer, is that hard?

Setting sag means setting the preload properly. Once that is set, you adjust from there. I lot of people try to dial in stifness with rebound/compression, which doesn't work well if the sag isn't set properly to begin with.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp/

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp_handle/

99% of posters on this board dont need to waste that $50 bucks to set their suspension because they would never outride the factory junk setting to worry about it.

But I'm sure that 100% of the posters believe that we're part of that 1% who will "outride the factory junk setting."

:cool:

99% of posters on this board dont need to waste that $50 bucks to set their suspension because they would never outride the factory junk setting to worry about it.

:slap::flingpoo:

Well, if you are a REAL big dood or a real small dood on factory settings, how do you know that the reason you can't ride better isnt because of the shitty suspension setup. If your bike is flopping all over the road everytime you hit, and unstable in turns, then you would prolly be scared shitless to try and push it any harder, wouldnt YOU? I know I would. If you cant trust your bike, how the hell are you gonna get any better???

I'm assuming you're assuming 99% of the posters on this board bought their bikes brand new. .

The suspension Guy will be on town this Saturay 6/9. I know some people said they wanted to get setup. If you are interested, give me a call and we will set up a time for you to come over. This is prolly the best $50 you can spend to make your bike handle better....

Kevin

Edited by yotaman88210

I cant make it to the sat. date, but if you could ask him a question for me...

when i sit on my 93 vt1100 the front end barely moves due to me being 155lbs..

can i adjust those settings on this bike or due i just need more preload on the rears

to get it to turn in easier, (Its set on 2 on the rear) or is this just a product of

being a cruiser w high fork rake? :bow::bow:

Its definitely worth the money, I have a ducati s4rs and the factory settings sucked. I took it over to Matt and he fixed it right up. I was getting crazy head shake at a 100 mph tucked in, now I can buck at 150 with no problem at all. Suspension is different for everybody, but this guy knows what hes doing. Been working with and racing motorcycle for a long time and has alot of good advice. The 50 dollars is nothing, a dealer would charge you 70 bucks just to look at your bike and most of the mechanics in those shops know how to fix bikes not tune them to perfection. Talk to Kevin to get hooked up.

i would not hessitate to state that 99% of posters on this board, or any board, would never outride the factory suspension components, but EVERYONE should have their suspension set up properly for the sake of safety.

who here is fast? do you ride past the limits of the tires? come on who cares if you are fast or not but having the right suspension setup is nice.

BTW would the fast group of the 1% like to go ride at nelson or beaver and show me how fast you are? I will ride my 2004 gsxr 600 or the 2007 gsxr 1000 track bikes. it is soooo fuc*ing funny how street riders on their first or second bike think they are faster than anyone else.