Closest place to downtown to weigh a car?

Bam

joyce metal and recycling is where i had to go to weigh a trailer a while back...it costs a few $, i think it was like 5$ or somehting...its been a few years...not sure.

also, im sure edison auto on mckinley could do it...most any place that takes scrap metal

About the only places that are going to guarantee an accurate reading are going to be the Cat scales at the truck stops, There is one out west at the Pilot station off I-70 and another out east at the Truck stop at the national trails exit off I-70. Another place that would have calibrated scales would be any of the concrete/rock yards. They have to be accurate because they are loading semis and they need the correct weight.

Scrap steel recycling centers don't need to know the correct weight to pay you for your load. They are only paying on the difference between the weight when you enter and the weight when you leave.

Evan

Scrap steel recycling centers don't need to know the correct weight to pay you for your load. They are only paying on the difference between the weight when you enter and the weight when you leave.

Evan

When I got stuff weighed at research alloys I asked why they charged and they said it was because they had to have someone come and certify that the scales were accurate like every 6 months or something.

the paper mill in baltimore has a scale, dont know if they care that people use it but its out front along the road you can pull off it displays your weight and you drive off, the office is a little ways away they cant even see you, never had a problem there