Mechanic Needed: Race & Restoration Shop

AI Coupe

Richard Black Racing & Restoration in Lithopolis (15 minutes from Gender Road & Route 33) is looking for 1 full time and 1 part time mechanic that enjoy working on muscle and race cars and can do general auto repair.

Full time: 40 to 45 hours per week. Must have dependable transportation and work 5 day weeks from 8 to 5 or 9 to 6. Base pay and monthly profit sharing.

Part time: Your hours OK but regular schedule required, 25 hours per week. Must have dependable transportation.

Experience required.

To schedule an interview please call Richard at 614-596-3118.

well i'm goin to school at U of Northwestern Ohio in their High Performance/Motorsports program, just started. Know the general stuff, built some cars, etc. I go to class evenings (630-1130). my only thing is how far from Lima is this place?>

hi ron im interested as well i will give you a call. i would like to know is the pay good. or like a basic mechanic? Ive built a lot of show cars, and a few hot rods as well as my own motors and trannys. im just looking for more money and a job that i will fall in love with how long have you ben in business? thanks.

Thanks guys... MATTS V8 make sure you call me today at 614-638-3938 to set up a meeting ASAP. As far as good money AND loving a job... well I don't know what "good money" means to you, but as far as "loving" the job... thats a no brainer if you love working on cool cars! We have a unique profit sharing monthly bonus so hard work is well rewarded!

RUTAN TA... thanks for the kind words. I must admit when I first met Rich I was blown away by his work and thats why he builds my cars and I work for him now. We're in the process of moving into a new building this weekend but you're certainly welcome to stop in anytime and say hello. Actually, we're planning to do a weeknight "cruise, hang out" deal at the shop this summer. Our lot will hold about 25+ cars and that should be the most exciting thing Lithopolis has ever experienced! (lol) Give me a call...

Dan... thanks for coming over and we look forward to working with you.

what kind of schedule are you looking for part time. i work full time already and it pays really well and i have a good relationship with my co workers and management. but i work 13 hour days thurs-fri-sat. i am a diesel mechanic right now and i have experience with building cars on the side plus i have graduated from wyotech in the fields of body work and custom painting, chassis fabrication, and high performance engines.

This is Ron and I work with Rich. What you say might be true but as we all know there are three sides to each story... yours, his and the truth!

I have know Rich for over three years and I know and have talked to probably 20 of his customers at the shop... until you brough this up I NEVER heard anything except GREAT things about him, the EXTRA effort he makes to keep those customers happy and the UNREAL quality of work he does.

He is affordable and makes cars look unreal and go REAL fast. I have never heard of a motor he built breaking (unlike lots of othere hi-po builders) and funny but 90% of our clients bring in their next car the day we finish with the previous one.

To me, that looks like a quality guy with a quality reputation.

Now to be fair... I have owned a couple businesses over the years and I have learned that most unhappy customers in this world are unhappy because of a lack of ACCURATE information and poor communication ON BOTH SIDES. I guess it's possible you did have a problem with Rich a number of years ago but I would be surprised if you discussed it with Rich and he didn't make some effort to fix the problem.

I would be happy to sit face to face and discuss the issues with you and Rich. Once again I'll tell you... his customers love him and wait in line for a slot in the shop. This internet slaming isn't fair and most people reading it usually consider the source as, well, questionable at best.

Call me or send me your number and lets put this to rest.

Thanks for your time, have a nice holiday and I await your call.

Ron Eisner, 614-638-3938.

Thanks for the note. No flow testing yet but we're on the lookout for more equipment to bring in right after we move. That should be completed by the first of the year.

Check back with me mid to late February. We should have a new pipe bender to do cages, a break for fab work and more go fast equipment in the new shop by then.

Ron

Guest Removed
Thanks for the note. No flow testing yet but we're on the lookout for more equipment to bring in right after we move. That should be completed by the first of the year.

Check back with me mid to late February. We should have a new pipe bender to do cages, a break for fab work and more go fast equipment in the new shop by then.

Ron

get off the internet , and go find a building ;)

2 full time and a PT Saturday. Great talent on this site...

Had great response and met a couple car guys that we couldn't hire but made new friends.

Just picked up another street / drag car, 351 89 Coupe in Detroit. Will be conservative 425 horse when we're finished.

If you guys don't cruise racingjunk.com you are missing some GREAT muscle cars deals! Go to "Street Cars" (then I go to "Ford") or just do "Street Cars".

New digs on the way... south of Meijers on 33.

Jan 1 if all goes well.

I'll let you know ASAP.

Ron