Bike question

bkmc24

they're great bikes!! my opinion may be biased, though! :D

really though, the engine has a very even power curve and pulls like a freight train from relatively low rpm. the chassis on the R is solid, like a gsxr. the suspension is always good for a little controversy, though. the forks are quite good and can be greatly improved with little cost/effort. but, the rear suspension is a rotary type and is located just below the rear cylinder exhaust spiggot and heats up a bit under hard riding causing fade issues (track/racing). an aftermarket coil over shock can be purchased from ohlins, penske or bitubo for a price. even with the suspension woes, you'll be hard pressed to outride what its got. its definately heavier than a modern SS. its rock solid as far as stability and you cant beat the exhaust note with aftermarket cans.

i love mine, its my second and its not quite stock. keep in mind that for top end speed a good running new 600 will give you a run for your money and forget about any new 1000.

all that said, get it if YOU like it. its a very capable bike and is nothing to sneeze at, track or otherwise. the aftermarket is still pretty strong but is slowly starting to thin down.

hope my biased opinion helps! :cool: